I thought I was going mad earlier on this afternoon

Since about mid morning I have had one major headache a real splitter which I think was down to all the change in electrical energy because of this storm or remnants of it.  The light went yellowy and strange  and oppressive quite threatening and strange.  Everyone remarked on it.  I went to make a cup of afternoon tea and happened to look out of the window in the kitchen and could not believe that the sun was bright pinky red.  I had to look twice to make sure I was not dreaming and if I had been an ancient inhabitant of this country and saw that I would have been convinced that the end was nigh!  It was rather odd though.  I read later on that it was due to Ophelia picking up sand from the desert!

However we live to tell the tale.  Apart from that it has not been too bad a day.  Since being home however it has rained and the wind is blowing a right old hooley and the wind is certainly stronger and louder than it was earlier in the evening.  I am just pleased to be in the warm inside.  I have been a tad cold so the heating is on.  It will not be long before I go to bed.  Perhaps to read for a little while and try and rest and get some sleep although I doubt it will be a quiet night as there a right hurly burly going on outside an awful lot of huffing and puffing.






Just keep safe everyone hopefully it will be quieter tomorrow.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. It was quite blustery here but the mountains gave us lots of protection from the worse effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam it was more than a bit blustery down here - but then you know what its like in the Fens. Thank goodness that you were sheltered by the mountains. Take care. Pattypanxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts