Peaceful Evening Friday 27 October 2017

Where is the year going to.  It seems to be speeding up the older I get.  I am not old in the greater scheme of things, but sometimes I just feel like "Methusalah" and time seems to race and you do not get time to catch your breath and spin yourself round in the process - sometimes losing all sense of direction and having to cope with what is.  The older you get the more precious people in our lives start to "disappear" only with us for part of our journey but a very precious part their impact and love never forgotten, their presence still with us but we cannot hold give them a hug and hold them close; but still ever present ever in our hearts.

It was bitterly cold here in Peterborough tonight.  On went the heating later on when the temperature had dipped (I try for as long as I can not to put the heating on but when I get cold that's it) and I also upped the minimum temperature to lock in over night as this house does get very cold; and I don't want the animals being poorly I know they have fur coats but they feel the cold like us and if it gets too cold end up with colds which I do not want to happen.  It is the extension to the house i.e. the kitchen and the bathroom that get the coldest).  Fortunately by the time I went to sleep the house was nice and toasty.  I was ready for bed last night as it has been a long tiring week.  It was also  nice and quiet during the evening which was what was needed to be able to potter and just "be" makes all the difference.  I spent some time on the computer, writing  a few posts (for later) and researching information for posts yet to come. I enjoy the researching as much as the writing although if the muse is missing that's when things quieten down or when I run out of time.  Time a man made thing so fleeting like quicksilver and which we need so much more of especially if we do things and are into things and work full time and are forever looking for new ideas and stimulus and ways to do things out of natural curiosity.

I have a busy day tomorrow in that I am meeting up with my cousin and spending a little quality time with her which we have not had in a long time.  It is important to renew those links every so often and to reinforce them. So I am looking forward to that very much.  Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Hiya Tricia, hope you enjoyed meeting up with your cousin and have caught back up with yourself. I sense you're a planner? If I don't plan and make lists then I spiral out of control or that's how it feels at least! Love to read that you managed a night of just 'being' which is fabulous and much needed at times xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy - you are back hope you had a brilliant holiday. Have had a lovely day with one of my closest cousins; she always manages to sort me out. We are more like sisters than cousins. Our mums were sisters and there was about 10 months between them and they were close too. I am about 2 1/2 years older than her but we get on really well. Needed not to do anything last night and it made a real change. I do tend to plan things out on paper i.e. lists the same as if I do something I make sure everything is to hand before I start it. I just like to be able to get on when I start. Glad you are back anyway. Just going to pop my feet up boy do they hurt despite my Uggs keeping my feet warm. Catch you soon. Pattypanxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts