Slightly Pear Shaped



Well I went tootling into town - I walked in with the express intention of visiting the little market that I had seen yesterday excited at being able to obtain some goodies and when I got there it was not there!  Instead there was a full blown Indian Diwali celebration going on B.....mmer!  So no Charcuterie or luscious honey!  I must be losing my touch.  I should have got it yesterday.

However disappointed I stayed in town and had a look at a couple of shops.  More and more shops are starting to get their Christmas bits and bobs in so I had a good nosey round.  Its still early yet but there were an awful lot of people in town.  We have had a new shop open in the centre a Yankee Candle shop.  I had a browse round  - they had some lovely bits but the big candles are very expensive although they last for ages.  If I get any from here it will be a considered purchase so we shall have to wait and see.

I also nipped into the Queensgate Marks & Spencers as they still did not have their Christmas display up the other day when I went in. They had got a little bit further today but still nowhere near everything popped up.  The Queensgate store is mostly put over to clothing with a token household section.  However the M & S Store at the Brotherhood Retail Park has the top floor mostly to home items and really does a pretty good display.  If I am buying things for the home this is where I normally come to as they have the full range and full selection here.  However in the Queensgate store they did have a lovely candelabra display of two stag candelabras which I absolutely fell in love with.  They looked gorgeous but are £40 apiece.  Another considered purchase I think.  Will also have to contemplate that one but they did look stunning. They had a silvered/pewter effect. 





I also nipped into the food department and bought a couple of things there.

I also looked in John Lewis as last year I spotted some Christmas napkins and a table runner that I also quite fell in love with.  I have tried to find similar fabric to make my own but so far nothing has turned up.  However I was pleased to see that they are repeating the same design this year so I may well indulge.   The table linen was made to compliment a china service which I also quite liked but so far this year I have not seen it.  That was also in greens and cream.






I also found some centrepieces for the table one in red and the other in gold.  They were very different but are ideal for a Christmas table as you can use them as sweet dishes or as bases for storm lanterns there is quite a bit you can do with these. 




I had been looking for a round gold/brass coloured mirror tray which I had taken a fancy to but they did not have one in stock today.  That is something else to keep my eye open for.

I then went for a wander round Tiger I have seen some small candle lanterns in there that I quite like but I am waiting a little longer to see what else becomes available.

From here I  walked to Waitrose and did some food shopping.  Predominantly a lot of bits and bobs today.  The start of my chestnut puree (four bags) they used to do this in tins but it is not for some reason available.  There will be a post about what I do with this in due course.  Some more stock pots chicken and beef.  Some more fresh herbs, some Tribune Pale Ale for OH.  Some more puff pastry (predominantly for my sausage rolls), some cream and some custard.  We have the apple and blackberry pie for pudding tomorrow night to follow a nice piece of roast beef which I am very much looking forward to.  The only drawback to me going to Waitrose is that I usually come back with a lot of bits and bobs but I cannot carry it home so I have to either get a taxi or get OH if he is home to come and collect me as it is too far to walk laden with heavy shopping bags and I cannot manage the bags easily.   Needless to say after a phone call the cavalry arrived and took me home.  So today I have had a busy day shopping now to get everything put away and start the housework.  No playing tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. There will be one more 20% voucher before Christmas I would think so if you have a Sparks card, you could buy the stags then. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Catriona thank you for that; that would ease the price up a bit. Pattypanxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts