A busy day

But boy has it been cold.  I have been busy in the kitchen sorting out a lot of my preserving stuff.  A lot of it does not live in the house as a rule but lives in the shed.  I am talking preserving jars, and large pans, the stuff that clutters you up but not the expensive equipment.  It has all been sorted ready to be transplanted back into its original home and then I can start to get a little tidier in the house.  Everything has a home and everything a place.  This has entailed an awful lot of washing and drying by hand.  But it needed doing.

We then walked Missy - Not a lovely sunset like last night not a flicker of one all overcast cloudy grey and orrible. I was glad I had my lovely thick jacket on and my gloves.  We gave her a good run in any event she is like a rocket when she is let off.  She frightened herself tonight as without realising it she put a rabbit up - it startled her  but she ended up going in the wrong direction and chasing around after nothing. The rabbit had long gone.

I was glad to get into the warmth of the house I had turned the heating on before we went out so it was all nice and snug when we walked in.  

Then a load more washing.  This time it was bath time for Missy as her skin condition had flared up again and as she is not well behaved if OH is around come bath time and will not do as she is told.  If left with me on her own she is as good as gold. So that is another job out of the way with although she paid me back by making sure I was as drenched as she was.

We have toad in the hole for tea tonight with mash, spring cabbage and carrots and plenty of gravy followed by Streudel and custard.  Felt in a comfort food mode - probably because it is so cold out.  A hearty meal is just as good for the soul as well as the body and I am starving as I did not have much for my tea last night and I am hungry.

Right better get things ready.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a good organised day, putting away all your big equipment.

    As for Missy, animals soon pick up on people's attitudes. When I ask Keith to come and hold an awkward cat so I can worm him (it is normally Little Whale), he comes in wearing welding gloves and LW legs it in fright! No, Keith wouldn't get scratched, but hey-ho, the cat doesn't get wormed either!, so I struggle on my own.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts