Evening all

Its been a bit busy here again this week; do not seem to have five minutes to myself so I am grabbing these few moments just to pop in and let you know I am just about in the land of the living.

Its very rough with the wind outside at the moment blowing a right hooley yet it seems mild - no heating on in the house at the moment will probably go on a little later, but not for the moment.

I popped into B & M at dinner and ended up bringing home a few bits and bobs.  I think I will be popping back for a couple more bits and bobs over the next few days or so.  Its good for foodie bits as well so some more supplies for the pantry have also found their way home.  The Ferrero Rocher chocolates are the cheapest I have seen them so far this year at £6 a tray (the larger tray) at the moment.  I have also bought some little artificial candles in a pack of 12.  I might get some more as I might be able to make some embroidered candle holders to go around the outside and with these little artificial lights there is no risk of something burning. 

I may well get some more and then start a stockpile of Christmas presents from the beginning of the year.  In all honesty I have not had the time to do any Christmas presents this year although my intention was to do the same.  Next year is going to be very different.  I am really going to play with both my sewing machines over the Christmas break whether OH likes it or not.  I might even be able to get to some of my UFOs as well as well as use up some of my fabric stash which seems to be ever growing at the moment.  I have had some more jelly rolls arrive today.

My step-son and his wife are in the process of buying their first home together.  So I may well in due course make them a patchwork quilt.  Will see how it goes.


At B & M they had some nice lanterns at a reasonable price which I might also get a couple of as I like proper candles in any event, but sometimes you cannot for safety reasons use the real thing.  That is when you can get away with some of those candles that look like the real thing but are not.  B & M had quite  a few of these as well. 

Tonight we have had fish for tea.  OH has had haddock which I floured and then gently fried and I have had smoked undyed haddock which was a delicate smoke but very tasty served with butter and a couple of poached eggs and brown bread and butter and it has gone down very well.  I just fancied some fresh fish today as I did not want a heavy meal.  OH was supposed to do tea tonight but I spotted the fish so its his turn tomorrow.  I have cooked a couple of times already this week.

Right I had better get a wriggle on, lots of things to do as usual so little time to do it.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I definitely have to pay a visit to B&M for the Ferrero Rocher as they're Moomins favourites and the prices are sky high here!
    I think a quilt would be a lovely gift for your step-son. I'm thinking quietly of quilts, although the knitting is taking over at the moment. It was windy here last night too. Take care.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yarrow it is well worth going to for a lot of things. a large packet of McVities chocolate biscuits 99p, passata sauce 55p a bottle lots of sweeties in packs or separate hell of a lot cheaper than anywhere else. If you get the chance it is well worth going but make sure you take a trolley as they do have so many good offers.I am getting stocked up on fabric and as well as the embroidery machine I hope to be able to really get stuck in over the Christmas holiday and have some serious me time which I hope to be able to do regularly in the New Year. They also have lots of useful household things as well, as well as painting and decorating bits and bobs. Quilts have been on my mind for a long time now its time I started producing them. Fortunately with my cousin's help in showing me how to use the Acuquilt that does not seem as daunting, along with the jelly rolls I had already purchased in a bit at a time. So I am very much looking forward to playing. I suspect that fabric is going to be the problem along with embroidery thread from now on in. Hope you get to a B & M it is well worth it. Take care. Pattypanxx

      Delete
  2. Hi Tricia
    If you're going to have a go at a quilt, have a look at Jenny Doanns tutorials on YouTube for Missouri Star Quilt Company - loads of tutorials and she makes a lot of sense (if you get my drift) - I've learnt a lot from watching her - the other one I like is the Midnight Quilter - hope these help - I know you like to do your research before you start your projects xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudie

      I have already subscribed to the Missouri Star Quilt Company tutorials but will look out for Jenny Doanns. It will be part of my me time over Christmas. However I had not heard of the Midnight Quilter. Will have a closer look at both and thank you. Hope you are keeping well. Pattypanxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts