Getting ready for a playday

In a few days I am going to be allowed to go out to play with my cousin.  I have spent about an hour and a half on the phone to her tonight and its as though we have never been apart.  Here is the curious bit.  She has an embroidery machine a Brother.  I knew she had an embroidery machine as she had told me and I have seen some of her pieces of work which are beautiful on the Internet. 

As regular readers will know however last year I bought the Accuquilt Go and an awful lot of templates. In fact I have seen another couple that I would like to add to the collection. My Accuquilt is the hand cranked one.  Speaking with her this evening.  She has the Accuquilt Go but the electric one and has an awful lot of templates.  What was it I was saying earlier that both of us have a habit of buying the same things, different places, different times and the amount of times this has happened is amazing really.  Although I know that she has bought her Accuquilt from Create and Craft as did I.  It would seem around the same time.  Seems we have done it again.  However this time round I have not let on that I have either an embroidery machine or the Accuquilt.  She did mention that she was after the double wedding ring template for the Accuquilt.  Guess what  - I already have it.   Oh and by the way - she is back into the patchworking again.   Yet again I have not let on about any of this.  I am telling you all first.  So I am in for a play day with her.  She has asked me to take some pieces with me like Jelly rolls  - so I have ordered some; a Christmas design and a cream one and also some lilac, purple and mixed print lilac and purple strips. She is also going to teach me a more modern way of dealing with triangles and also cutting my own jelly rolls with the aid of the Accuquilt.  Sometimes it does more good for me to see how other people actually do things  as it gives you more of an insight on how to do things and the possibilities and we all know how I like to see the possibilities.

My coz has also suggested me taking  a table cloth and a set of knapkins so that I can find a Christmas design of her laptop and so that  I have a fresh table set for this Christmas. So I am to receive a tutorial on both the patchwork and the embroidery which I am very much looking forward to.  We seem to bounce off each other when we start.  We sometimes fight like cat and dog but then we really are that close - she is more like the sister I never had rather than a cousin.  My brother is the only lad she does not get on with as both of them are stubborn and determined to be boss of the other in the nicest possible sense.    Guess who used to be put in the middle of them when they were fighting!  Much as I love them both.  They got away with blue murder and because I was the eldest I always had to be the sensible one!

Right better get a wriggle on.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. What a wonderful play date have fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a lovely day and learned a lot. Still got a heck of a lot to learn though. Thank you for your support Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts