Good Evening Everyone

Since the Sunday shennagins (when indeed I did cut my leg) things have been a bit quieter I hasten to add. Phew!

I am still very busy here at home as I am at work but that is par for the course.  I am on holiday next week and I really have a heck of a lot to do to the house prior to Christmas and prior to an inspection which is due to take place on 18 December, when again I am off for the week before Christmas yay!  I also need to lick the first part of the back garden into shape.  I have plans to get a couple of small Christmas trees, some more bay trees - standards, and probably some outdoor cyclamen if I can as well as a couple of holly standards.  I have Ivy hanging baskets already although I could do with another couple of box.  I have two large white lanterns which I intend to pop some pillar candles into - to set the scene.  I also have the shed to stain - I chose Seagrass colour which should show up nicely if it snows but also go with the small cafeteria table for two I bought in the summer.  I also bought some solar lamps inn the shape of Victorian lanterns during the summer months so I may well put those out as well.  The pavements are going to be cleaned with the pressure washer I bought the other week.  The garden will certainly be tidied this weekend and the shed will be stained during the course of the week a little at a time when I can spare a few moments.

When the house is all sorted then I might be able to get to play properly with my new toys, do some patchwork and some embroidery as well as anything else that takes my fancy.  I am so ready for a nice long break where for once I will be able to chill.  That is if I get the house sorted out in good time.  So a week off next week but no lay ins and plenty to do.  Sorting the house out also means sorting the garden - the chap wants to come and fit the new fence after nearly two years without it!  Maybe I will get the new bathroom suite and the new double glazing for the back of the house after all.  Fingers crossed and toes plaited!

Fortunately I have the second week off as well (week before Christmas) so I will be able to do a lot of the cooking, wrapping etc. and get stuff delivered as well as any last minute shopping sorted then.

Also on the cards is a massive sort out of my clothes - some are far too big for me now and so will be going round to the Charity shop.  I need the space in the wardrobes in any event to get some of my newer clothing in.  Some of it will hit the rag bin.  I need some new trousers so I will be looking out for some of them or alternatively I may well make some.  Will see how it goes.

It will be nice to play no matter what.

I am also picking up the odd decorations here and there (more on that later) and also items for the house; I have bought another rug, red and creamy white with reindeers on which goes with two fleece blankets bought last year and also a couple of throws which were bought a few years ago.  It also goes with the red and green throws bought last week so I am confident that we have something warm and soft to curl up under whilst watching the TV or films over Christmas.  Makes all the difference on a cold winter afternoon to be nice and cosy.  Now if I had that Aga/Rayburn or indeed a couple of log burners I would be in seventh heaven.  However I do not think that is going to happen here.  Maybe somewhere else but not here.  I also need some new cushion pads for the front room. I have bought several seasonal Christmas cushions which are only cheapies but they will look better if filled out with a proper pad.    I also intended bringing home half a dozen decorated glasses in champagne flutes and a smaller flute from TK Maxx.  However the fell of my basket and broke before I had paid for them.  I told the Shop Assistant who took them off to stop anyone getting hurt. I was a little upset at this as I really liked the glasses.

I have also picked up a single large white pottery cake stand -  I am hoping the large glass cloche I picked up last week will fit nicely on it - If not nothing lost.  It will be ideal for a cake or indeed for putting candles on to create a central display on the table.  There is always a way that you can use them to create a display or show something off.

I also picked up a deep rounded mince pie tray in a cream enamel. Should have been £20 picked it up for £4.99.  That is what I call a bargain. Nice and deep so that I can snaffle away some mince pies into the freezer and then just bring them out and cook them as we need them.  Talking of which I need to sort the freezers.

I also collect jelly moulds; just recently I have found three different glass moulds with different patterns in the base.  I pick them up from the Charity shops for next to nothing and then give them a good scrub and use them.  Ideal for Christmas when traditionally home made jellies from fresh or frozen juices were made.

Today I managed to find a large green glass bottle which will be ideal for vinegar or oil just need to find a closure to fit it.  I always check the charity shops out for things like this as it is satisfying to reuse something time and time again that has been discarded by someone else.  There is nothing sadder than an empty bottle.

I also managed to find four gold decorated tumblers.  They are large and they are decorated in gold script. If I remember correctly Woolworths had this type of glass in many years ago.  I did not buy the tumblers but I think I bought some Irish Coffee glasses or similar.  As many of you regular readers probably already know I collect different types of vintage glassware with gold accents and then I mix and match them for the Christmas table.

Right had better get a wriggle on.

Catch you all later on.

Pattypanxx






Comments

  1. Sorry about your leg. It sounds like you have found some lovely pieces in your travels.

    I hope you can get the house and garden sorted in good time to allow you to play and sew with your new machines before Christmas. Did you get the new loo fitted in or have I missed that post? Will look back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB hope you are resting up and taking things steady. Old one is elastoplasted and Saturday is designated day to do the deed. Have to turn the heating off as well as the stop cock. So hopefully the full new toilet will be in situ by the end of Saturday. Just hope it is not a cold day although I am not holding my breath. Please take it steady I do get concerned about you. Please also keep warm. So you have another potential stray that will possibly add to the gang. Sounds a lovely cat. Take it steady please. Pattypan xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts