What a delightful day

I have had a lovely day today; a bit of a lay in which was a luxury then the postman came with some of the fabric I had ordered in readiness for my play day later in the week.


I walked into town, cut through Waitrose (I had not intended doing any shopping on the way out) but they an offer on whole Chestnuts at £1.50 per bag (pre-prepared) and £1 for the Chestnut puree.  So I snaffled a few more bags.

I then went to the train station to pick up my ticket for my visit later in the week to Lincoln; that was an experience and one I would repeat again.  I ordered through a company called Trainline an online service and basically you have to produce the card that you have made payment with (nothing is taken or charged at the pick up point it is just to prove identity) it prints out the ticket and a copy for yourself,  I specifically chose a straight through train though as it complicates things a bit if you have to get off and change trains somewhere down the line and me being me that is where things would go wrong.  So I am erring on the side of caution.  The other thing is I am not really used to travelling anywhere by train.  I have done this particular journey with my mum when she was with us so feel able to cope with this on my own.  Plus it is only one way as my cousin's husband has volunteered to bring me home.  I am hoping to go and see her like this on a regular basis if everything goes okay and if it does may venture further afield later on.

I then met up with my friend.  My brother had treated me to a an afternoon tea at a local patisserie and today was the day I chose to use the ticket along with a very good friend.  The food was delicious and consisted of various different sandwiches, little quiches, sultana scones, plain scones with cream and jam, and lots of little cakes.  I have bought some of them home as there were too many for us to eat.  The company was superb; I for one had a lovely time and a really good catch up.  She was the ideal person to share tea with.  We then had a little wonder around town, still talking nineteen to the dozen.


After going our separate ways I then went to HMV and ended up buying a couple of more DVDs for the Christmas stash, Churchill and King Arthur.  I have a little stack of DVDs I have been buying a couple here and there for watching over the holiday period or later on or before depending on when the fancy takes us.

I then nipped into M & S to see if I could find some of those pies that I found the other week. I had looked earlier on in the week and they were not there but I have been successful today together with some veggies. I also bought some more of the cherry flavoured drink I bought earlier on, together with a couple of bottles of Elderflower Presse.  I shall buy some more of this another week.   I also noticed the M & S had some different drinks in so I will investigate those further on in the week. I also bought a couple of tubs of the Honey Roast Cashews to Squirrell away for Christmas.

I then walked back to Waitrose.  There were a few other things I needed for the stash and I had seen one or two things when I popped into the store earlier but could not manage to carry so went back for them.  I came home with a trolley full of bits and bobs a lot it in fairness for the stash. I managed to get some Chocolate Brazil nuts which were on offer at £3 a box; Crisps, cheese biscuits including the Digestive cheese biscuits which are shaped like a loaf.  OH prefers these with cheese as do I.  I also have a plan to make some crackers as well but I have stocked up on the usual suspects.  The mixed boxes are not big enough for us as we eat a lot of cheese so I buy the varieties we like and so we are usually stocked up for a little while. 

Waitrose also have offers on spirits as well at the moment.  I bought a large bottle of Baileys, a bottle of Jack Daniels Bourbon and a bottle of Jamesons Whiskey. I am not really a Whiskey drinker.  A lot of my family members have been.  I do not normally  I shall nip in later in the week and see what else they have and see what else I need for the drinks cabinet.  I quite like the Jack Daniels Honey but I did not see that today.  I must add that its been a while since the drinks cabinet was topped up and we usually shop around for the cheapest prices. I shall definitely start topping up month by month through the year again next year and with stockpiling the gin and vodka.  Remember I have a whole host of flavoured vodkas to add as well.  It has helped space the money out more effectively little and often.  I am afraid it is my nature to be forever plotting and planning.

There is a cost but effectively it is swings and roundabouts there were will be about three or four months early next year when I will be using up what I have rather than buying in new stuff apart from the fresh stuff and I will probably end up freezing some of that as well so that we always have options on hand .  As a result of not buying hardly anything it is also an opportunity to bank that budget money for use later on so it all equals out in the end.  Initially it will probably go to filling the freezers with meat.

Now I am ready to put the old weary feet up.  It has been a very good day.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts