What a wonderful day

Well I managed to get up on town and walk to the Station and I even  managed to get on the right train.  According to the time plan when I first booked my ticket online train should have arrived at about 10:30 am.  Then when I checked up which platform I had to leave from it said arrival 10:00am.  In reality we arrived at around 9:50am and I was waiting for my cousin to arrive outside of the station.

I have had a fantastic day with my baby coz.  We started off in the coffee shop with a bacon buttie and coffee each, then had some cheesecake and then another coffee and then caught a taxi back to hers.  In reality when we were younger we used to leg it around the City but a few years have passed since then and muggins is not as able as she used to be and my cousin sustained hairline fractures to both feet last year and since then has had difficulty walking with her right foot. 

We had a quick shifty around the indoor market which has changed so much not as packed as it used to be but a brilliant fabric store in there.  The main market apparently has been scrapped by the owners of the land the Co-Op, Which is very unfortunate as it used to be a really good market.  Needless to say I bought some fabrics and also some fabric for my cousin - both packs batiks just different colourways. My coz tends to go for autumn colours and I tend to go for the greens, pinks and blues.  She is not a pink person.

Then we caught a taxi back to her home.  I was introduced to her two new moglets Charles Chaplin..... and Orson Welles.... both beautiful black and whites and so affectionate and cuddly they were very fussy with  me the pair of them,

My cousin has put  me through my paces with the Accuquilt; she has no end of cutting dies, including some of the ones I have got but the for the best part we have managed to accumulate different ones and we both have the basics.  I have come away with a list of the ones that I still need but they will have to be built up a little at a time. The Accuquilt certainly makes things a lot easier and will be cheaper in the long run once I have one or two more dies as I will then be able to make my own jelly rolls etc.  We have cut out a few squares and strips for me to play with and some miniature squares to form in effect a scrap quilt.  Her Go machine is the big one which is electric.  Very impressed.  My one is the in-betweenie which is hand-cranked but as long as I do not have to use a rotary cutter very often that will suit me just fine.  I am not very good with it.

She has also shown me what she can do with her embroidery machine (hers is a Brother mine a Janome) - I will need to seriously play but she has given me an awful lot of pointers and instructions even though her machine is very different to mine.  She has produced some lovely lace items.  I am going to have to really play and intend to set some time aside to do this a bit at a time but it has certainly given me more of an idea as to what it can and cannot do.  I owned up when I got there about the machines and the Accuquilt.  The comment well we have gone and done it again.  I said to her that we were more like sisters than cousins as we really are that close.  We do not have to explain anything to each other we just know.  She just laughed when I said to her that really I had come for a tutorial and that I had the same equipment.  So for over 5 hours we have had a really satisfying time and I have enjoyed the playtime.    Trouble is time passes far too quickly.

We went off out for a meal and then they bought me home from Lincoln.  Did not want me travelling alone in the dark.  It was thick fog coming home, so I have asked for them to let me know when they get home safely as otherwise I would worry about them.  Its good being with family and has been a smashing day.  Its ages since I have had a play day so I am really looking forward to experimenting.    I have strips to play with and squares and blocks. Some new fabric, some recycled shirt fabric, so now I am going to have to sew them together.  I really am going to enjoy this.

Right better go and settle myself have a lot to do tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was and I enjoyed spending time in my home town and with my cousin. However Lincoln has seriously changed a lot since I last visited about two years ago. Take care. Pattypnx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts