Getting the Knives out



Please note this is not an article promoting products for any kind of reward but my own humble opinion even though a company/companies are named. I have received no enticement or reward for these comments.






I have always had so far Sabatier blades for my cooks knives which OH res-sharpens every so often for me.  They have always been perfectly more than adequate and when sharp quite lethal.  I was always brought up with the motto that a blunt knife is more dangerous than a sharp one.  I tend to agree on this point.  I have been hurt more by blunt knives over the years than sharp ones and my personal preference has always been for very sharp knives.

OH and I watch Jamie Oliver a lot and watched his Italian Christmas special but we always watch repeats anyway as we find him to be an energetic, lively and sensible cook who really knows his ingredients.  OH realised that he had some pretty special knives but we had never seen them anywhere locally to buy.  We knew that they were expensive. I had been looking seriously for them for a while despite their price but had not found anything locally.

Whilst in town before Christmas Eve I nipped into Lakeland and happened to look in their knives cabinet and found the knives that I was looking for the Damascus blade knives.  I informed OH.  He asked if they had a carving knife with which to cut the Turkey with.  Although not specifically mentioned as a carving knife I did find what I wanted and I paid out a lot of money for it.  We used it to carve the Turkey it did it beautifully.

I also used it to cut my homemade plum bread and it did it the best a knife has ever done it.  I am very seriously impressed with these knives.  So much so I have been and ordered a few more to add to the collection.  I will add a few more in a little while.  I have used all sorts of knives over the years but these are the best I have ever had to date.  I am very seriously impressed with these and I think long term they are going to be worth their weight in gold.  The knife balances nicely in the palm of the hand as well and is not difficult to manoeuvre.  However OH has been permanently banned from putting any knives into the dishwasher.  He has wrecked some of my previous knives and I do not think that the dishwasher does the knives any good per se.  So these are definitely a no no - he will have to hand wash them.

Something extra for my kitchen arsenal and I must say that I am highly chuffed with the cutting blades.  Never known anything like them.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

Popular Posts