Sunday update

Well we braved the miserable wet weather and have been down to the tip a couple of times.  Still need to go again as I have had a real sort out which is still ongoing.  OH not good so we decided to call it a day; have dosed him up but I think he needs a little assistance from the Doctor due to his medical conditions so he is now tucked up in the warm as the cold has descended to his chest.  I myself have sat for about half an hour to try and warm up a bit' heating is on and it is snug in the house and I shall be going soon to start dinner. We have roast chicken for tea with veggies and so should get a couple of meals out of including an odds and ends chicken stew that my mum used to make when we were little and some stock from the bones.  Need stock for Christmas Dinner.  Only just about getting the feeling back in my hands despite wearing gloves.  I am also starting to clear the table that my sewing machine is to go on.  Well its a start.

I have been buying a few consumables for the embroidery machine for a major play over the Christmas holiday.  Lots of cotton ordered, and different stabilisers.  Also further patchwork fabric for some throws and also some table mats for both the new sewing machine and the embroidery machine.  I must say that I am very taken with what is referred to as FSL (Free Standing Lace).  There are so many lovely things to make with this aspect of the embroidery including Angels.  We shall start at the beginning and work our way through each aspect but it is the FSL that attracted me in the first place.  Especially for some very special Christmas decorations.  Have a look at these links:


And there are oh so many more sites as well with so many beautiful ideas.

I am also looking forward to producing some very individual items for myself and also for presents.  

Just look at these for starters:

http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/ChristmasClub.aspx?p=collectibles

Right off to dish up dinner.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts