Thinking Pantry - Dried Home Made Mixes - Pancake mix

Following on and mixing in with my posts on the Pantry I thought that I would have a go at making my own mixes  after all it was one of the things on my to do list this year in an effort to try and cut down on bought mixes and wherever possible make my own and save a little money in the long run.  Also if you have the basic recipes for stuff like, making your own custard powder etc you are to some extent controlling what is in your food chain in the longer run.

Up until now I have not experimented despite meaning to; but I have been researching and thinking about things generally.  I am not alone in that I work full time and get very little free time to actually do stuff; equally I am all for saving myself time and pennies in the long run.  I also have in mind that if there is a mix or mixes in the pantry other half, himself will be able to get himself something.  I like pancakes, he likes pancakes sometimes for breakfast sometimes for pudding and most definitely on pancake day. So to me it seemed sensible to start here and make a couple of batches up and then store in a jar in the pantry and well see how we get on.  If there is something already measured up it is easier to use and all you have to do is take so much of the mix, add the extra ingredients (if any) and then make a batch up pretty quickly. I also thought that I would label the jar with the actual ingredients (wet ones or fat ones) that will not store in the jar to finish off.

I use Pinterest a lot to research stuff and put links to ideas or things I have seen made and which I have an interest in.  There is a whole host of recipes out there waiting to be discovered especially on the home made pantry mix front.  I liked the sound of this particular mix as I love fluffy pancakes too, but Heather the owner of the blog "Sugar Dish Me" also provides a useful label as well.  Her recipe is here:



So I have made a couple of batches up and intend to put it to the test.  It will mean I can get pancakes for breakfast without all the messing around and will just in effect need a cup of the mix and a cup of the milk and one egg and hey presto we are ready to go.  Now that is what I call quick.  I am thinking Blueberry pancakes here - why Blueberries you say - simples because I have bought a batch of fresh blueberries to bottle and I intend to do this on a regular basis so that I always have some "fresh" blueberries in-house in the pantry so that I can get my fix of either blueberry pancakes or blueberry muffins now that is lush.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts