Decorations for the Easter table

Last year I bought several new bits and pieces for decorating the Easter table.  I have added a few more bits this year.  So far just actual decorations rather than mugs, egg cups etc. but I think some pretty pieces all the same.  I have in mind to make some bunting as well but am not sure whether will get enough time to actually set to and do it. I have the bunting pieces cut out just need to organise the backing. Would be brilliant if I could otherwise might have to make it after Easter and put it up in readiness for next year and I really want to pretty things up.

Anyway here are the few bits and bobs I have added so far.  Nothing fancy just a few bits.

Some faux eggs and little birds on nests






Some felt baskets for presenting eggs in on the table inn two different sizes two of each.







The last is a little carrier which is ideal for putting some eggs into although I also think they would be ideal for organising sauces and the like that are in use to keep them all tidy and together just as they are on the pantry shelf.

Have any of you added a few bit and bobs to decorate your Easter table up with and if so how have you prettied things up.  Look forward to hearing from you.

On another matter......

The first batch of my backing wool has also arrived for my needlepoint and so I started working on one of the pieces before I went to sleep last night so a start has been made. I did about an hour's worth before I went to sleep last night.

Right upwards and onwards I have another busy day ahead.

Catch you shortly.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Sounds lovely, a pretty decorated Easter table. You have given me an idea to make bunting. I have some Christmas bunting, never thought about Easter bunting.

    By the way what is backing wool, do you stitch through it?

    I love your felt baskets.

    Kathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, what I meant by backing wool is what is commonly called grounding wool or Tapisserie wool in a main colour in the instance of the Briar Rose Panel I have to complete this will be cream. It is not a fabric just more needlepoint stitching but in one solid colour. You can make bunting for all sorts of occasions. I am going to make some for my bedroom to go with what I already have and then some in a patchwork style to eventually go with the patchwork quilts when I get them on the go so I have sets of things more than anything else. Like to blend things together. I will be backing my bunting though which are cut triangles with plain cotton fabric scraps so that they have neatened edges and will last. I like things to look nice. I thought the baskets which came from Tiger at £2 apiece would look nice filled with small eggs or one larger one or even as holders for artificial flowery plants. I just thought that they were pretty and that they would lift the table with some fresh daffodils and tulips in pink or red which would lift and brighten things up. Take care and thanks for reading. Tricia aka Pattypan xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for that,silly me I understand now. I would love to see a finished pic of your rose panel, I do realise that this will take quite a while.
    Happy relaxing sewing!
    Kathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay Kathy. Will pop up a post once the panel is completed - I will keep at it so that it "grows" trying to do a bit each day to get it out of the way so that I can go on to the next project. Lots to do as usual. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts