Needlepoint update

Whilst general day to day living and dreadful weather have been going on I have kept to my promise and have been working on my needlepoint panel to the exclusion of anything else. Beavering away where I can, I have continued  to nibble away bit by bit at the part worked needlepoint panel.  So far there are about 24 man hours gone into this small panel alone and it is still not finished.  I do  not think it will be long before it is finished though.




There is still quite a bit of colour-work to be done on this panel but at least working the cream background first is showing up the differences between the greens a lot better than working it the other way round.  Near enough one side has been completely worked.  I am well chuffed with how it is turning out.  I have enlarged the last photo so that you can literally see where I have been.  It is finer work than usual needlepoint which when you are tired and go one further over than you should have done is not good and results in me pulling out the wrong bit.  It is a pretty little panel (Briar Rose) in any event and I think is going to look lovely made up into a cushion panel in due course along with those that have already been worked up beforehand.

Once and only once this project is put to bed as the saying goes.  What will I do then. Well.....  

On the to do list to do first is to work the two small Berlin Needlepoint squares up - it is only the background to do on each and get them out of the way with. Then I shall have a look at what I have to hand.  I think by working three UFOs that I should be allowed next to do a new kit and then once that is worked up. Back on to a couple of UFOs.  That way round I am being disciplined and then getting a treat for being good.  Well that is the plan anyway.  If I keep dangling a carrot whilst I am working the UFOs it will give me something to look forward to at the end of the day as well.

I am also going to keep my eye out for some small footstools and the like that can be recycled and which I can re-cover with a needlepoint top and recycle something that is tired and battered into something smart and practical.  That is the plan in any event.  We shall have to see what turns up.  I already have my Dad's old piano stool which really needs the cover replacing.  I have in mind a needlepoint top - probably a Rose design and then the woodwork needs a little attention and polishing up also.  I also thought that if I work all the components for the dream house a bit at a time it is a way of making sure in a roundabout way that the dream starts to live a little and grow legs and slowly come into reality through hard work and effort.

At some point I would also like to learn to do basic upholstery.  I have a Victorian looped back chair that is covered with velvet but I think a piece of wood has degenerated or come out of its socket so the chair does not hold as firm as it could be.  At some point I would like to have a go at that and bring that back into living again too.

Right upwards and onwards.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

This year I really want to get in hand all things craftwise. I need to do more and I need also to try out new to me types of crafting.


Comments

  1. That's coming on a treat Tricia. Sounds like you have plenty more to follow on with when you have finished that.

    I did an Upholstery course for several seasons, but it's so long ago now that anything other than a simple recovering of a stool and I need to get my book out or look up the "how to" on Youtube!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely Spring themed piece. I enjoy stitching too.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aril

      I just love crafting when I get the time to do it. I got that fed up with not getting to sit and do some crafting (I find it soothes me down a bit) that I am trying to do a little bit each day and hopefully the UFOs will be cleared in this fashion. I have such a lot of stuff on the go which has not got completed for one reason or another that this is very much a discipline for me. However after two or three of the UFOs I am going to do one of my smaller newer kits and then go back to the UFOs again. I have worked three of these panels so far with this one and have another one in the stash yet to work. Nice to see you here and thanks for popping by.

      Take care

      Tricia aka Pattypan

      x

      Delete
  3. What about using your embroidery machine to make a cover for the piano stool? I used to do all my quilting by hand, but realised that I needed to get to grips with my machine if I was going to produce all the lovely things I needed. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catriona I am hoping when OH goes fishing to get stuck in with my new basic machine but also with the embroidery machine. OH means well but when I am learning something new and need to concentrate it is something like 20+ questions and he is too much of a distraction. I intend to get to grips with them. However the piano stool has always in my mind's eye been finished in a needlepoint top. However I intend to do some other cushion covers with the machine embroidery once I get to grips with it. I will get there one day but during the week time is of a premium especially with me working full time. Hope you have a good weekend too.

      Take care

      Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts