I am beavering away with the needlepoint the top left hand corner is what I have managed to work on the cream so far. I still have more colour to work but sometimes you need to work some of the background to show up where you actually need to work - well that is my experience. It is slow work but I am trying to work it neatly and accurately and in fairness it is not every night I get to play. Take last night for instance could not get anywhere near as by the time I had finished what I was doing it was too late and despite OH not having to get up at 6:00am he always is and walks the dog and I am usually awake anyway although don't get out of bed before 7:00am. I think this Briar Rose Design is one that was originally sold by John Lewis - the Coleshill collection. I have already worked two panels of this already and there is a brand new kit in my stash yet to work but this one makes the numbers even on the cushion panel front.
I bought in 20 skeins of the Anchor cream tapisserie wool for the background of the panels. The kit had a pale green and I wanted the flowers to stand out a little more than they do with the green. Besides I have a specific green shade that I want to use with my cushions and I do not want to mix it too much.
Once this panel is done I will then set about the two Berlin type needlepoints to finish which have been given a Burgundy red background. I have enough wool to finish one of the panels but I will need to source some more to complete the other. At least I have made a start which is something at the moment although I am itching to do some embroidery but that is going to have to wait a little while. I have two Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady kits that are talking to me. A freestyle embroidery panel for every month of the year and a cross stitch of a spray of poppies.
Right upwards and onwards I have a busy day ahead.
Catch you soon.