Monday evening catch up

Sorry this should have been posted last night, but I got de-railed just ever so slightly, so apologies for the delay in posting and then I overslept first thing this morning.


It has been a glorious day today.  As per my earlier post it was a super start to the day, full of nature, full of peace and I was able to breathe.  What a difference this not working lark is having on me I hope a positive one as I do want to get my health a little more robust before we go into winter again.  Last winter was not a good one for me, and so I am trying to get out into the sun as much as I can to soak up the vitamin D as per my Doctor's instructions.


First off this morning, I was having a bit of aggravation from my middle finger on my left hand.  The joint appeared to be swollen (my hands often are) but it was hurting quite badly and there was a pricking sensation every time I moved my hand.  I could not see anything in there and ended up putting my hand under my magnifying light wherein I found a very fine splinter, which I removed with a sterilised needle.  Probably a good job I found it in the long run. Needless to say a drop of Dettol has gone on the injury spot as well.  I seem to have a habit of picking up splinters.  Ouch.


It took me a good couple of hours to deal with the second batch of Gooseberries I ended up with 6+ bags which are now ensconced in the freezer.  I needed a breather after dealing with them so I disappeared to the veg shop.  Did not buy any fruit and veg today but came back with six pinks, three different colours, a pale pink, medium pink and a very dark pink. Which are waiting to go into the garden.  


I then went off to Hobby Craft and came back with more wool for my blanket; I could not quite see the colour of green I wanted I am after an apple green but an in between colour but so far have not been able to source any that I think is the right colour for my new blanket.  I saw some lovely wool there. One I fell in love with it is Hayfield Spirit - this one is Mystery and it is absolutely gorgeous.  




Sirdar Hayfield Sundown  - I really like this one.



Sirdar Hayfield Zest.


I love all three of these.  There are other colourways as well but these three I am particularly taken with.  I think it is cheaper on line.  These beautiful wools are giving me a real itch to get the knitting needles out again.  I have a real thing about variegated random wools at the moment.

It is available online from here:



I also bought some wreaths, heart ones, different sizes for use in Christmas Decorations later on in the year and some for the dining room once it is redecorated.  

The smaller ones were between £2.00 to £2.50.  I bought two of these.

  


The larger one was £8.  



They were on offer and as they tend to put the price up before Christmas on everything I decided to get stocked up so that they were done and dusted with.  I mentioned that C word! Oohps.  

I love basketware and have several nice objects made out of willow, including bread baskets, fruit baskets, food hoods, shopping baskets of all different shapes and sizes.  I seem never to quite have enough of them.  The other day I bought a big round basket which will be ideal for using as a central bread basket on the dining table it is quite a larger one so I think it may be useful elsewhere as well.


Today however I came upon this wicker tray which I also think will be very useful on one of the side dressers.





I have in any event for some long while used a large Willow shopping basket for keeping my crochet projects in whilst I am working them.








I also bought some hand quilting cotton as well in Rose, Cream and Sage Green.  Three of my favourite colours.  I shall add more to the stash as I go along. The price of cotton across the board seems to have gone up extensively.  I like doing hand-quilting when I get the chance.  £15 for three reels of Quilting cotton!!

I was really looking for some Tapisserie Wool for my Needlepoint.  I like to see the colours and then blend them in with whatever I am doing but my local Hobbycraft does not appear to do them.  Nor does John Lewis so I am a bit stumped locally.  I will have to look on line but I really prefer to see the colours.  I predominantly use Anchor.  I like the Paterna yarns and occasionally use the Appletons and DMC.  But being able to look at the colours would be preferred.  I sometimes change colours on a chart to go with different things but I think you get a better visualisation if you can actually look at the colours.  Never mind.

I also bought 4 packs of Fat Quarters, two in pinks and two in turquoises to go with some other Fat Quarters I already have in my stash. They were £7 apiece and reduced to £12 for two packs.






They also had lots of bits and bobs on the paper crafting front already for that C Word.  Quite a nice selection.  Will have another look another time.

Whilst in Asda I also picked up these drink dispenser bottles.  I had thought that they would be useful for the fridge for storing home made Lemonade and Barley Water in but I am going to have to have a play to see if they will actually fit.  No problems if they don't as I can always make use of them on the preserving front probably for storing vinegar in.  These were £3 apiece (in the sale I think).




Well it looks a lovely day again.  Think it is too hot to do any gardening.  I had anticipated getting up earlier whilst it was cool to do something but I may have to wait until later on in any event as it is too hot for me now.  However I am sure I can find something to do in the house.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Hopefully catch you later on.

Pattypan


Comments

Popular Posts