Perfume and cleaning my face

I love perfume and scent.  When I am low I always add a little perfume to my skin and it helps lift my mood and helps me feel good about myself and things generally. Smell is one of the senses which we take so much for granted and a particular perfume can trigger a memory of a loved one who is no longer with us. One of those perfumes eau de toilettes for me is eau de cologne. It was when I was a child readily available and not as expensive and made you smell nice and lasted for ages.  It was also very refreshing in the summer heat and soothing for headaches. The other day I went into Boots and was having a good look around and I was surprised to see a large bottle of the eau de cologne and also rose counterpart the Rose version for
£4 a large bottle both of which came home with me.  I also spotted the Anna French cleansing milk which I had not seen for absolutely ages.  I was tempted but in the end ended up bringing back a bottle of Rosewater and glycerine toner which is also an old favourite and it does a good simple job of cleaning the skin.

I have been looking recently for Blue Grass. Lair du temps pure silk French Fern pdrfu.e eau de toilette but so far have not had any success.  I suspect a lot of them have been retired!

Do you have any favourites from way back.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan x

Comments

  1. Love rosewater especially in this warm weather as a toner. My new favourite is CKin2U as I have gone off Eternity. Wore L’Air du Temps for years but don’t know if it’s still made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catrions. I dont jnow the CKin2U akthough i like the Eternity. The Nina Ricci Lair du Temps I think has fallen out of favour and every so often I come across it but it is a bit hit and miss and when I do come across it I snaffle a bottle ir two. Last place I saw it was in Wilkinsons. Will have to keep on looking. Take care. Tricia x

      Delete
  2. Coty, "exclamation" is one I used to like, but I don't really wear much now. On special occasions I wear Thierry Mugler "Angel" xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fluffy I dont know the exclamation one. I too like the Thierry Mugler Angel. Oh biuvht me the star bottle with the perfume in Christmss before last for which I am very lucky. I also collect Perfume bottles as well. When working full time I got into the habit of wearing as I was dealing with the public on a regular basis. Even when the job changed still carried o wearing as it helped me feel good about myself especially when I felt inadequate useless or having a low esteem period or a session of mild depression. That and colour helped lift my mood. There are a lot of people in this world who delight in putting people down but they r the one with the issue not you so anything that makes me feel comfortable in my own skin is another tool in my personal arsenal ie Perfume. Take care petal xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts