Not so hot today

The weather is still tepid but is not as hot as it has been.   It has been mostly overcast this morning with only the occasional burst through of the sun.  It is more comfortable than it has been although I understand that Rain and storms are due later tonight.  We need the rain I am not so sure about the storms though!

I am shortly going out into the garden to do some more potting up.  That is after I have had a cup of tea.  However I am missing my partner in crime being round my ankles.  She has gone fishing with her Dad. At the moment the potting up it is never ending but it will be worth it in the long run.  Those plants I had potted up already are doing well and have perked up very nicely and they are lovely healthy plants. 

I had intended to go into town today; but I have woken up feeling slightly jaded so I will venture into town tomorrow. I need to go to B & M for some more of the collapsible boxes for storage of craft items.  They are ideal as when you do not want to have them in use they can be put out the way.  Today is going to be home based until my get up and go returns.  I put it down to the heat taking it out of me more than anything else, but I know in reality it is not the only reason.



I have the peach chutney to get on the go shortly but as I am working outside the back door I can keep going backwards and forwards to make sure the chutney does not catch.  Peach chutney is particularly nice and this is one of my must do preserves each year.  I certainly find it lovely on a cold winters day to find the flavours of summer wrapped around a nice piece of ham or a pork pie also home cooked or home made.  It lifts the spirits and the mood and makes you feel cosy in your nest, especially if there is some home made sloe gin, rhubarb gin or blackberry vodka to wash it down with.  Naughty but nice.

The recipe and post are here for those of you interested in making it:

http://tarragonnthyme.blogspot.com/2016/08/peach-and-chilli-chutney.html

I also have the Apricot jam to do.  So quite a few home based things to do today to keep me out of mischief or get me into it!

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts