Rain again - what a blessing

Good morning everyone, hope you all had a lovely weekend.  Here in Peterborough it is a brighter morning not so many grey skies and also the promise of the sun as it is trying to break cover so a much brighter day all told.  It has been raining again overnight, and we have had some showers this morning but after all the heat we have had recently I would consider that a blessing even though my joints have seized a little.  Ah well we need the sun and we need the water.

It is just Missy and I  - OH has gone off to work.  Her tea is made.  Missy knows the word tea and if she is ready for a cuppa gets all excited.  This morning she is choosing not to indulge straight away but it will be drunk by the end of the day if she has not had another one besides before then.  She does not get this every day - she would if she could though.

Bit shattered still after yesterday's Herculean efforts but that is par for the course  - it is not just what I did yesterday it is the weather taking its toll on me.  The humidity is high.

When I go into town later  to meet my friend I shall pop into Wilkos.  I need another mini growing house for the plants and a couple of other things on the plant front for the bathroom and also some tubs.  I also need to nip into Waitrose on the way back.  I am after some Lavender for the front garden and they did have some in there the other day so I am hopeful that they will still have some.  I fancy a partial lavender hedge in the front garden.  The dustbins are kept in the front as the passage and turning into the garden are far too tight to get the bins in, so I will need to leave an opening to get them in and out of where they are.

Hopefully the rain will stop.  We have the hedge trimmer charged so pending the weather the hedge should be getting a hair cut as well as the resident Cotoneaster then we can get that all bundled up and ready to go to the tip tomorrow.

I also have to measure up the back of the house for new nets and also a couple of new blinds.  will probably get OH to assist with that when he comes in later on then can go and get that sorted as well.  Then I get to clean the windows and put up the new window furnishings.  So yet again quite a bit to be going at.

So I had better jump to it.

Catch you all later.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts