Tuesday Catch Up

Today's post is a little earlier as I have things to get on with tonight which is going to involve a lot of water and cleaning in the kitchen as I do want the kitchen ready for the weekend so that OH can put in the new sink unit


I tried again this morning to get the electric topped up and despite the engineer having been out last evening it still was not working.  I eventually ascertained that there was another CoOp at the bottom of the street that offered the same facilities and so I walked down there.  Despite being a CoOp it comes under a different area management and there was a different variety of food down there so I ended up coming back with all sorts of goodies and have also organised tonight's tea. We are having pizza and mixed salad something light, quick and simple bearing in mind that I have a ton of work to deal with.  Oh needless to say I got the electric card filled up.


Unusually they also sell sourdough bread. I like sourdough OH does not.  It is healthier for you in the longer term and I think has far more flavour.  This one is particularly nice as it is like a French Baguette crusty on the outside and then lovely and soft on the inner. I really am going to have to get to grips with this as I really do like it so much.

I have had open sandwiches with little strips of a cheese I also found that I had not come across called Belton Vintage Red Fox which is  to me like a slightly stronger Red Leicester.  It is quite nice in any event slightly nutty but very nice.

After researching this, this cheese is indeed a matured Red Leicester.  Apparently they also do a white one.  Here is a link:


I also found some different tea bags to try out. Butterworths of Suffolk special blend and English Breakfast blend.



We have now had pizza for tea together with salad which has gone down nicely and a little later when less stuffed some strawberries and cream to finish.

So must dash too much to do as usual.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts