You know I mentioned life is good

the other day...….. well we have had a slight hiccup happen since then. I believe I mentioned in one of the posts that the Cat had caught the tap and flooded the kitchen out!  Well its happened again and it is not totally the cats fault.  It turns out the waste pipe had broken and was blocked and instead of going out of the waste pipe the water has been flooding into the kitchen.  As a result, we have had to replace some of the pipework under the sink.  The sink is now working as it should. The water has wrecked the unit under the sink and so I have mentioned to OH that it would be good if I could put a new unit under and also get new taps as well with a central pipe so that I can fill buckets up easily.  I suspect the flooring is wrecked too but will get the sink unit sorted first and then set about the floor. I need to get the dehumidifier in there to dry out everything and then hopefully will be able to get the kitchen decorated and sorted out. 

On this occasion it is a blessing that the kitchen is but a small galley one as the repairs can be dealt with pretty simply 

I want to decorate out the kitchen in any event and probably put some new tiles in just some white ones.  I am thinking apple green and white colourway.  So hopefully can get this sorted soon.  I am not replacing the stainless steel sink unless I come across one at a good price. However do need a new worktop above the washing machine for the dishwasher to stand on and maybe a drop down worktop above the cooker. I also need a shelf adding below the main worktop so that the microwave and the dehydrator can be put underneath; 
and then gingham check curtain to hide them, and also the cubby hole where the boiler used to be where I store some basic pans that are used regularly.
I also need to make a curtain for under the sink and the washing machine to make it look cottagey.  It would be good to get this done whilst the weather is hot as it will give everything time to dry out properly.

We will see what happens.  I can but keep my fingers crossed.

Otherwise I have had a brilliant day, meeting a friend for lunch, going round to the Charity shop.  A separate post on this to come.  Stocking up on some jars for my jam making.  I also had a couple of pieces come via ebay a hachoir and board for my herb preparation and another large embroidered Victorian market scene picture.  I seem to be developing a collection of these types of pictures. Some are framed some are not but I have decided that all of them are going to be in pine frames so that they blend in with each other.  I go searching for pictures in pine frames and then get rid of the pictures and reuse the frame.  As long as they are pine they will match in well.  Some of the frames are pretty dated and grotty but replacement frames will be something  that will be accomplished over time and with a degree of patience.

Right things to do as usual fortunately it is more comfortable at the moment than it has been all day.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. You are a whirlwind of activity, I get all my "to do" list sorted in the early morning and then in the late evening. It is too hot to walk the dogs before 9 at night. I replaced all my kitchen unit doors with curtains this year, much nicer to look at and easier to get into.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts