Bit of self care - Grey Hair

I am off shortly to the hairdressers which is literally straight over the road out of my front door. to have my hair coloured.  I have found that I need to go every five to six weeks to keep my clump of grey in check. My hair is my weakness.  It does not always look as tidy as it should but the one thing I cannot bear is my grey hairs.  I have the same streaking as my mother.  I am fair my mother was brunette.  She had what we referred to as the "Mallen streak" on the left side of her face just a big clump and the rest of her hair remained dark brown.  Just this one clump.  Mine is more or less the same except it has spread over a little further into the middle.  However it makes me feel old if it is on permanent display.  It is funny how we have our own little peccadillos and this appears to be my Achilles heel which I quite freely own up to!

I don't really do a lot of self-care - I am not a make-up wearer.  If I go out I may occasionally put a light touch on really depends on my mood but when I wear makeup I feel that I am behind a mask and it feels false.  I am what I am and I do not need to hide.  However I am a believer that a little help is required now and then.  Its just that in the greater scheme of things because of all the things I have on the go I tend to put myself last.  However my hair is non-negotiable.

The one colour I don't really like in a house is "grey".  I think it is a what I call a "Miserable" colour.  A good toning colour to be livened up with other colours but on its own  - not really.  Well not for me anyway. I think this is a direct reaction to the fact that when we moved into this house a lot of the wallpaper was what I called "Granny wallpaper" and I do not mean that offensively it was back from the 1960s!  We had to live with it for a while but when I got the opportunity to decorate I went bright vibrant colours.

So in effort to look presentable for the best part I am going to be stuck in the hairdressers for a couple of hours whilst my mop is tamed and sorted out a bit. I have fine thick hair which does not naturally behave itself due to the wave down a central panel.  So one side will go in perfectly and the other will do its own thing. Fortunately my hairdresser knows me quite well and knows that I prefer simple styles.  However I always feel on cloud nine when I come out of the hairdressers. (strange from a girl who hated going to the hairdressers in her youth!).

Tight am off to get ready.  Then we have some more preserving to do.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. I used to try to color my hair. But gave up.
    I think gray hair does "age" you though.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda at one stage I was doing it myself at home but then had trouble getting the colour on evenly and OH had to assist and I still was not happy with the coverage. So once every five to six weeks off I go. I have tried leaving it longer but it does not cover as well if I do so this period seems to be the happy medium as it were. I am growing old just like my dear dad did i.e. disgracefully. Hope you and yours are all well. Do you still have the lottie. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. My mum agrees with you about grey in a house. It's a good job she's never made the effort in the last 7 years to visit me, particularly as every room bar the attic now has grey in it to a greater or lesser degree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scarlet think I am digging a hole for myself here anyway I actually think grey looks quite nice especially the newer shades especially when mixed with that lovely mustard yellow or nice bright red but for me personally it is a "no-no" due in part I think to this house having grey wallpaper in nearly every room. It wasn't a nice grey wallpaper either. We had to live with it for about three years as it was and I could not wait to get rid of it. However the photos and the crafts that you have shared of your home are lovely - grey is just not on my choice of colour spectrum. Take care. Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts