Country Diary Inspiration

As many of you regular readers already know I am a bit nuts about the Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady collection and over the years have been able to build up quite a collection of differing items.

Dorma the original makers of the Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady bedding ranges have in production a pattern very similar to that of the original Country Diary range.  They in particular have a cushion which I have been casting my eye over but I am not prepared to pay £35 for it.  I have therefore been a little cheeky and I am going to attempt to have a go at making my own. I have cream cotton and all the embroidery threads now I just need to get the scale worked out and then the embroidery completed. I have cheated a little bit and have taken a couple of photos of said cushion to work as my base line.






The embroidery seems to be handworked although you can never tell these days as some of the advanced embroidery machines really do a superb job.  So I am going to see what I can come up with after I have had a little play.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. I read this and had to look back to your earlier post http://tarragonnthyme.blogspot.com/2011/07/country-diary-of-edwardian-lady-crafts.html
    I hadn't realised just how long I've been enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is GORGEOUS, but I bet it is machine done. Dawn's machine does everything bar make the tea! I can't believe they would hand-sew it for mass production. Have fun with your version - of course, you have to copy the original to work from so I shouldn't shed any tears over that. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts