It is raining......

Has been for most of the night and the temperature has dropped quite considerably.  Mother Earth is crying much needed tears, we need that water still. My body is tight as a result of the chill and the damp but that is par for the course. Even OH is complaining how chilly it is and has put his sweatshirt on! I have gone cooler, but funnily enough since all the hot weather began I have hardly been covering up as much as I was doing. No doubt once the chillier days get into full swing I will be wrapping up like an Egyptian Mummy again.

It will be a work day today.  More cleaning = still an ongoing and never ending battle, but each bit I do leaves less and less. So for the bulk of the afternoon that is what I will be doing.  We then have roast pork for tea with all the trimmings.  Looking forward to that.

There will be more preserving later on but I will update you about that in a separate post. I do however have a lot of canning/bottling jars to sterilise plus some demijohns for the wine which need to go into the oven to kill off any nasties as well. I am going to have to sort that corner cupboard out shortly though so that I can get all the new stuff stashed away properly and easily accessible.  It has not been done for a while so is sorely needed then hopefully I will be able to find what I am after.  A little bit at a time should soon end up to a whole chunk of work having been achieved.

I do have the canners to get used to as well.  Reading of instruction books and trying different things one at a time.  I also want to get the dehydrator into its new home so that I can just put stuff in and leave it to work.  Currently where it is situated is not quite working as well as it should do more to lack of space than anything else.

I have a lot of social engagements this week more than perhaps I have had thus far so that is going to take me out and about quite a bit.  However it is very good to meet up with good friends and put the world to rights. I told you that I was a lady that lunches.

In reality work wise I am enjoying being at home so if I can work from home then I am going to. do that.  I have a firm idea of what I want to do it is now building up the layers and structure like building up pieces of Meccano to bring something into being and give it life.

Right enjoy your afternoon.  I hope to get back a little later on.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

Popular Posts