Night off tonight

I have been a bit tired today and so have done nothing at all apart from sleep and then read. Needs must and all that jazz. Have more to do tomorrow but that is all part and parcel of this time of year when I am ever trying to put up goodies for the pantry shelf.  One of you ladies asked to see photos of my pantry - will do so but it is in the throes of being sorted out so would prefer to post up the photos of the pantry (and additional storage) once it is finished up if you don't mind.  It is normally something I sort out every three months or so but this time round it is being painted out as well.  A new floor is also being put in the pantry to keep things nice and clean.  So please bear with me and I will be able to oblige.  A few more goodies should be on the shelves by then in any event.  It is a never ending challenge putting new bits and bobs in there.  Not that my pantry or storage is large but I do try and make the very best of what I have.

I also have the three lots of freezer storage in the shed, one chest freezer, one large upright and one medium sized one and the wine cabinets and the charcuterie cabinet.  I also need to sort this out and give it a good wash out with the pressure washer to make sure everything is lovely and clean for the start of the winter months.

In reality I am in my element when I am busy preparing stuff but I also have to be realistic too.  Right had better get on.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

The other day I managed to get some more shallots and some red cabbage.  So they have also been added to the list to process as well.

I have also made a load of flavoured butters, chive butter, rosemary butter, lemon thyme butter, mint butter, tarragon butter, thyme butter.  I have used one pound block of butter to each flavour.  This to last hopefully through the winter months. (I hope) and if I need to re-adjust my quantities next year I will have a record of what I have prepared and whether I need more of a particular type.


Comments

Popular Posts