Busy Day

Unlike Pansy Potter I now have arms that are complaining bitterly at ripping up the stair carpet.  But its all part and parcel of tackling certain jobs. OH has agreed to go and remove the tacks out of the flooring before I wash it and do some of the filling work whilst I get on with something else.  

I am quite chuffed with how I have managed to get quite a bit done today.  Even OH was surprised at how much I had managed to get done today.  I hadn't told him that was where I was starting.  It has perked me up a bit as I was a little despondent yesterday at getting nowhere fast.  Must keep up the momentum and carry on where I left off tomorrow.

Once I get everywhere clean I shall look for a new replacement carpet.  I do not intend to spend a fortune but need something that will be practical.  After all this is not my own home.  I think if you own your own home you buy what you can.  Whilst we have been here I have gone more for practicality rather than the thicker carpets I would really like.  After all one never knows how long one is going to be here.

It is some while since we redecorated throughout so it has been on the cards to be done.  I have quite a bit of paint already to hand but I do need some anaglypta wallpapers which I will paint in toning colours for each room.  I have some patterned wallpapers which I am going to use as well.  I just want everywhere sorted and nice and clean again.

We have had a lovely tea this evening.  Steak and ale pile with boiled potatoes, mixed veg (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and peas) and a Yorkshire pudding each with lashings of onion gravy. It has gone down very nicely.

Right better get on with some of the boxes that need sorting out.

Catch you sometime tomorrow.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts