Change

A bit of a thought provoking post today.  Sorry its a little more serious than usual.  Would love to hear your thoughts on similar situations. 

A  lot of us fear "it" (change that is) do  not like it because it takes away our familiarity and comfort blanket and makes us do new things that we are not terribly comfortable about and stretches us and makes us grow.  We need to grow every so often as otherwise you become stagnant and blocked off.  

This year has indeed been a year of change for me thus far, starting with my employment but it now seems to have spilled over into other areas of my life = totally unexpected yet again and the details of which I am not going to divulge in detail here as it concerns the privacy of others.  It is remarkable though that something appears out of nowhere and knocks you for six.  Something that was not even on the horizon.

In my humble opinion however it is not the event that is the important bit - yes it is the "trigger/ignition" to a set of circumstances but it is not the be all and end all.  To my mind it is how you deal with things to overcome that specific incident or circumstances that is important.  In fact from my own personal standpoint that is indeed what life has taught me thus far.

This year I have learned to roll with the flow more so than previously.  Whether I am getting more comfortable with my own skin and escaping the confines of other situations I do not know.  What I do know though is that it is very liberating as it is taking me to pastures new and to new experiences and situations.  As a result of these changes I am hoping for an awful lot of growth within myself that will ultimately aid others on their journeys.

How do you view change and movement.  Does it worry you or do you welcome it with open arms.  Would love to hear from you.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. I agree with you. It’s not the unexpected change but the way you deal with it. It is liberating, possibly exciting but can be very scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this year is a challenging one for everyone. If you believe in astronomy and horoscopes (and even if you don't) 6 retrograde planets in alignment must cause some mayhem!

    Change can be a force for good, if it shakes us out of our long-held routines and makes us re-appraise our life and how we have been living it. Yes, it can be scary, but you have to sit down and work out how to cope with it successfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Change can be very scary. it is for me as I have terrible anxiety. But this year I am learning to roll with it. Taking courage (still in my fear) and just moving forward. Change refines us doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts