Now its Autumn

Now that we are officially into the Autumn Equinox I fancy making something seasonal for my corner dresser in the dining room.  Something that will blend in with Halloween decorations. I have just come across a candle decoration that I think fits the bill nicely.  The plus is that I have already in house all the bits to actually achieve this which is a novelty.  Now I just have to find the leaves.  I bought them in bulk last year from the Works when they were on offer (they are somewhere) [in fact they still have them on their online website at £1 for pack of 50 leaves].  The website is here: The Works.  I have also bought some hessian today (for the rustic look) and I already have jute string.  I need to find a tray of some sort to balance it all on as well.  I have a couple of baskets that might suit the bill.

The centrepiece is from a blog  written by Cheryl at "That's what che said" and the link to the post and the blog is here:

Fall Candle Centrepiece



I have also today picked up some vanilla candles to turn into decorated cinnamon candles (I already have a stash of cinnamon sticks I ordered in last year) for use with these.  I bought six candles from Wilkos at £1 each to use with these. The best part about this decoration is that it will fit in well with the Christmas decorations.  I have made these in previous years.   This particular picture and post was taken from Garden Therapy.  The post is here: Cinnamon candle holder


I was also looking for inspiration for some garlands to decorate my two 6 foot pine welsh dressers and corner dresser.  However I could not find anything that took my fancy until I found this link again via Pinterest for these simple garlands.  My life tends to run around the seasons and the theme for my dining room is poppies and cornflowers from the Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady.  

This again is a DIY garland from a blog called "sincerely Sarah D":


The link is here:


There are of course various other tutorials available.

I also liked the lanterns made from mason jars and artificial leaves and a faux candle in the jar.



This tutorial is from Alicia of spark and chemistry.  The tutorial is here as is the link to the blog

Fall leaves lantern

I believe that you can also make the lanterns from real leaves.  On the grounds of safety I am thinking of going with the little faux tea lights for this particular make and faux leaves.

And also the centrepiece with pumpkins and lanterns for the centre of the table.



Lantern and Pumpkin centrepiece from Andrea of Opulent cottage. (the link will take you through to her blog) which is a lovely one.

And the piece de resistance a simmering pot with orange and cinnamon in scenting the air and making the home seem so welcome. It consists of an orange, cinnamon sticks, and cloves.

Cannot wait to get this all sorted.  I think it will be a bit at a time job and then will post a photo of the finished results at the end.  Should be the finishing touch for one sorted dining room.

Thought I would share in case any of you would like to have a go and do something similar for your own home.

Right I have a busy evening ahead am not sure whether will make it back or not.

Hopefully I will even just for a coffee break.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts