I have started making lists of the things I hope to do before Christmas, in preparation for Christmas. Whether or not I will get to do them all is another matter but the outline is there in my mind's eye. Now just need to get to it whilst things are a little quieter before everything goes crazy. I shall no doubt be adding to this list as time goes on. This is as well as all the other stuff I have on the rumble as well. I thought if I picked off a few items at a time I might actually work myself down the list a lot quicker as well as keeping on top of the other stuff I have in hand.
- Crab apples for jelly and spiced crab apples
- Sloes for sloe gin and sloe chocolates and also for freezing.
- Dry bay leaves.
- Dry whole oranges and orange slices as well as clementines and clementine slices. These can be used in mulled wine as well as garlands, and making a drink and also decorating cards, wreaths, and parcels.
- Make gilded whole oranges.
- Dry lemon slices and whole lemons.
- Dry orange peel in strips.
- Dry lemon peel in strips.
- Make home made mixed peel.
- Dry red and green apple slices.
- Dry red and green apple slices with a star in.
- Gather larch cones and bleach them.
- Gather larch cones for arrangements.
- Gather teasel heads for decorations.
- Gather teasel heads and bleach them
- Gather fir cones for arrangements.
- Gather fir cones and bleach them.
- Gather Acorns for arrangements and for tags.
- Wood slices for decorating with pyrography.
- Wood chunks to turn into candle lanterns.
- Make Christmas decorations from twigs and fabric.
- Make mulled spice kits.
- Make mulled wine pots.
- Make ribbon bows.
- Make Christmas pudding toppers (out of printed Christmas fabric or indeed calico and indeed I have thought about waxing them as well).
- Make Bouquet Garni.
- Make Epices de Provence.
- Make mincemeat.
- Make Christmas Garlands.
- Gild leaves i.e. laurel leaves.
- Make stuffing mixes.
- Scented bath bags.
- Make soap.
- Make candles.
- Rolled beeswax candles.
- Beeswax polish.
- Furniture reviver.
- Make pomanders.
- Make scented pine cones.
- Make confit of garlic.
- Make chilli and garlic oil.
- Make pizza oil.
- Make juniper jelly.
- Make Rosemary jelly.
- Dry Rosemary and use in Christmas decorations.
- Autumn display for the dressers.
- Dried cranberries for Christmas decorations.
- Dried cranberries for
- Floral display.
And the list goes on. I thought doing things in list form would help keep me a little more abreast of what I actually need to d.
Catch you soon.