Tired

Still suffering from the lurgey and the weather appears to be getting colder and I am already feeling the cold.

Lots of jam has been made and I have some more rhubarb currently standing in syrup to make pie filling to go with my Forest Fruits pie blend (I used no thickener in this and will thicken with a little cornflour when making up.  I have five large jars for my efforts which goes someway towards the pie/pudding quota for the winter months.

I have some more greengages to bottle and also to make some jam with, which is a favourite in this household.

I also have some fruit salad both white and red to process as well as some hole tangerines in syrup and grapefruit slices.

I have used Ball wide mouthed jars for the first time.  I must say that I do like them very much.  So much easier to fill and a reasonable amount of product so will be looking out for  more of these on my travels. Kilner are doing their own version but the Ball jars are stockier the Kilner ones are taller and thinner.  Still it is lovely to have a selection of jars.

I have used my Victorio Steam canner and I must say I am very impressed with this as well.  It is very quick to process the jars.  I still have not used my Presto still plucking up the courage - well actually need a little time to play with it probably next week when I can sit and play and get to know it properly.

I must say however it is very good to be getting some stuff on the pantry shelf.  I have more tomatoes to do tomorrow together with some San Marzano.

I still have pears, more apples for apple puree and slices to go.  So far I have peeled 2 stone of apples.  Still loads to do though.

Right I am off for an early night as am like a wet blanket and I want to try and shift this cold if I can.   I have a lot to do in the house in any event tomorrow without anything on the cooking front.

Catch you tomorrow.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear that you are still poorly. Try to find some time to rest. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jeannie much appreciated xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts