Crafting bits and bobs

I have added a few more bits to the stash just recently to play with in making Christmas decorations and the like.

Some felt cut outs for adding to cards, garlands, wreaths etc. These are from the Works.


Reindeer wooden cut outs.



Green garland for decorating wreaths, ornaments etc.



Wired twine for using as a base - I was thinking of making some napkin rings for the table with probably some kind of bead work involved/berries.



Cracker snaps.  So I am going to have a go at making some home made Christmas crackers.  I will go and look for some interesting fillers for them.


More Jingle Bells.  These are large ones and I though that I might string a garland with them.  I really seem to have a thing about jingle bells this year.




A new poinsettia die for my Big Shot.  Can be used on cards, wreaths, garlands.  I also saw another one at the same time which I may go back for at a later date.




I also have a couple of packs of clay to make some tree decorations with.

I also intend to make some salt dough ornaments and dry them in the dehydrator. I have some orange slices to dry in any event so I had thought that they might go in together and the salt dough might then smell of orange!

I have also received my Today's Quilter magazine which I must say is full of some lovely projects.  I have been particularly taken with a folded patchwork Christmas wreath for the door or for a table or wall decoration.  It will be one for me to do next year as I have a lot of projects on the go in any event.



I thought that this was really something a little different.

I have also bought some patterns for my embroidery machine as yet again when I get started with it I have some ideas for presents for people and also for my home.  Very individual presents.

I particularly like throws of any kind as when we are sat down in the front room, it soon gets a tad chilly and I frequently cover myself up with one.  The heating is reasonably warm but if I am sat for any length of time that is when I go chilly.  That is why I wish we had a proper fire in the front room.  These types of house had them originally and I think that is one of the reasons why it gets so cold and damp.  I believe that if it had an open fire or two again it would dry the house out nicely.  However I am not prepared to spend the money - we are not sure whether the chimney is safe in any event and I believe that there would be a lot of work and cost involved with this.  So am leaving it alone.  I still wish I had an open fire though!

So I am gradually behind the scenes acquiring bits and bobs that I would like for the crafting, sorting out resources for the embroidery machine.  Although by way of outline I am going to my cousin in a couple of weeks or so I still have not picked a date where I am free.  I am going to spend quality time with her and see and use one of her machines.  So lots on the go as usual and true to form it is only the depth that varies.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts