Crafting Ideas

I needed somewhere to jot down ideas for future projects using stuff I already have to hand with possibly a few extras and thought it might be handy to put it down in note form so that I have a continuous record as it were as to stuff I want to achieve and location of patterns etc.  By the time I get round to them I will have forgotten what I wanted to do so I thought a visual and if possible the instructions would help me out in the longer run.  These are of course on top of the other projects I have on the go.

As many of you know I have been collecting men's shirts for quite some time with the idea of making a quilt.  Mostly in pale blues, whites, navy, reds but also in pinks, yellows, mauves, with an idea not just to make one or two quilts of different colourways.

Project One

However I was browsing Pinterest and I spotted a bought patchwork quilt in reds, greens and creams and I thought I could do that for next Christmas from the majority of recycled shirts, in reds, checks, pale creams and greens.  However this time also adding in specific fabrics like the green and cream to give continuity.  So  shall now be on the lookout for further shirts to recycle.  Also might be some applique pieces in there as well.  Thought would look good done single sized as throws for the front room.


Project Two

I have a small vanity case that was bought for me by my Great Uncle when I was 15 years old.  It is a hard cardboard composite case in a brown colour.  I love the case as it brings back happy memories of a much loved family member who has been gone since I was 25 years of age.   He never bought many presents but the few he did buy me I treasure.

I saw this revamp of a case on Pinterest and thought that I may well do something similar with this case to bring it into use again and also tone in with those items I already have in my bedroom.  


My case is more of a rounded shape but still a decent size.  There are no instructions just a visual but I should be able to revamp it from this.  Looks really pretty.

Project Three

I have a lot of mis-matched lace crochet mats.  Some of the smaller ones I will make some lavender sachets from but with some of the bigger ones I intend to make this throw.



It is very light, very pretty and feminine and making use of something that otherwise would not see the light of day.  Such lovely things should be on show.  This will be a hand-stitched piece.

Project Four

I want to learn how to knit Aran and have seen some cushion cover patterns which kind of kill two birds with one stone in that they get you practicing different stitches but produce lovely cushion covers.  I am thinking that these will be ideal for next Christmas.





This pretty vibrant cushion is a freebie pattern at letsknit on the link below.



Project Five

Union Jack Cushion Cover One



This is on the Prima website.  The link is here with the instructions on how to make:



Union Jack Cushion Cover Two



This one is by Jenny of Elefantz which uses Tilda fabrics.  The instructions are here:


I have posted both as both are slightly different shapes.

I shall add further projects as I go along as I certainly want to make these items.

***********************

Comments

Popular Posts