Deep Clean

I only have a very tiny galley kitchen which does not store as much as I would like it to but I do my best, but ideally I would love a big farmhouse style kitchen.

The kitchen at the moment is undergoing a deep clean which is including all appliances.  Last night The bread maker got done (my Panasonic), the Hotpoint Steam cooker/blender, the kettle, the hand held blender, the herb chopper, and my Hotpoint stand mixer all got a good going over.  I then set too and made a loaf of bread in the panny which despite being a loaf mix from the Co-Op came up extremely high and the crust hit the roof.  I had added some butter to the mixture as well as water (everything else was included) and it has come up quite a soft crust so I am pleased that I have that on the go again.  It has been sometime since I used it. I have a lot of bread mixes and flour in the pantry so it is time to use it up a bit at a time.

This afternoon I have attacked the chip pan.  I found an old bottle to put the spent oil in and that will be going down to the tip.  My fryer is a double fryer and boy has it taken some doing de-gunking the grease which seems to have shared itself liberally all over the machine.  It did not help that the hot water decided not to be hot and I ended up having to boil a couple of kettles full.  These things are sent to try us.

I now have the worktop to clear, all my stone jars with utensils in, and the food processor and then that is everything on the worktop.

Then the work starts under the counter.  I have a very slimline cupboard to the side and I have a lot of cutting boards.  I am hoping (fingers crossed that my stash of cutting boards will go in this cupboard safely out of the way.  I can but try and see.  Then there is the space where the fridge was originally.  I am hoping OH will put in a couple of shelves there so that my microwave and also my Excalibur Dehydrator can go under there out of the way.  The corner cupboard down the side of the cooker I intend to put a lot of the appliances that I do not use as regularly in here so that they are safe and out of the way  and the space that is more accessible to be used for those items I use more often.  That is the plan in any event.

There are two shelves where the boiler was originally in the old chimney stack in the kitchen.  OH has put in a couple of shelves here and the microwave and my Rotisserie were originally here but a cable drags across the floor and it is dangerous as you could easily trip over the cable.  I am hoping to put bowls, jugs that sort of thing in here.  I should then be able to sort the three door larder units x 2 out to store the rest of the items (all kitchen equipment and not food).  I do have a lot of baking equipment and therefore the fancier stuff is to go into a plastic box and be housed on top of the fridges.  Yet again easily accessible but out of the way.  So although it is taking me sometime the kitchen is getting a good going over.  It will also be painted and dents filled and then just painted cream for the time being although will put a colour on a little later.  Just for the time being want it to look nice and tidy and clean.  I intend to make curtains for the shelves in the chimney stack and also the space where the microwave and also the Excalibur are going as well as a sink skirt.  I have all the fabric.  I also need to make an inner fleece door curtain to keep the wind out.  I have a new blind which is green to go up.  I had thought a nice willow green to go with the gingham fabric but the tiles between the units are yellow a bright yellow and these really need to be changed to a white with a green contrast.  I have some tiles in the shed which I think could be used and then just have new white tiles to go with them and all round the sink and the washing machine needs tiling.  I think it will make the kitchen look much fresher then I can add the green paint.

My friend called in today with a couple of bags of quince and they smell lovely.  She has asked me to make jelly and may be some Membrillo as well so I have that to do once the kitchen is scrubbed out.  OH has the cooker to do as it really hurts my hands and they hurt enough as it is at the moment.

Right am going to get my cup of tea and then get on again. OH is on holiday at the moment  - not fishing so I have a few jobs for him to do to help get this house squared up again.  Not sure he is going to like it but can but try.  Once kitchen is done it is on to a big pile of ironing.  Then I can do the bathroom which is a whole new ball game.  Now that does need painting out.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. After reading that I need a sit down before tackling my own pile of ironing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Pam! Sorry you are in the wars and hope you feel much more comfy soon. It will be a job well done once it is all completed. When it is all completed. Seems to be taking an age - I am sticking with it though as it does need it. Catch you soon. Pattypan xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts