Home Made Milk Buns

I am not good at making home made bread but this is something that I have decided to take in hand whilst I am not working as I reckon it will save a lot of pennies in the longer term.  I am on a penny saving mission at the moment and whilst searching PinInterest I came upon this recipe at a blog called Pretty Easy Life and the link to the blog and recipe is here Home Made Milk Buns.  I also thought that it might be a nice recipe to use for pack ups and also for having some of my home made jam spread on.



The only differences being that I intend to use my dough hook on my table mixer in the first instance to try it out as I cannot knead these days because of the shooting pains in my hands and secondly I thought that I might try it out in my bread mixer as well to see how we get on with quantities etc.  

I am following the recipe to a tee.  I have measuring cups in any event but I am aware that everyone may not have these.  I also am trying to get away from cling film and have made beeswax wraps however I do not think that they will be suitable for this project.  Like my mother before me therefore I am choosing to use a clean tea towel to cover the dough in-between rises.  I am not using my proving box at this stage (basically because I cannot get to it at the moment).  However I may well use that in the future.

I have included an oven temperature chart conversion here as I believe the recipe to be American (although not sure) and the temperature is down at 400 degrees F (which for me with a gas cooker is Gas Mark 6)


Will let you know how they turn out.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts