Lurgey

OH has actually given me his cold I am all "gunked" up (too much information I know) and I will leave it at that and have been continually sneezing as well.  

In an effort to get on I have done a little bit more cleaning in the kitchen.  It is now starting to smell nice and fresh.  I cheated a little as in my washing bucket I put a little bit of fabric conditioner in with the water and soap and it smells "clean" if you get what I mean.  I had seen a tip for an air freshener on Pinterest and although not quite the same use at the moment it smells lovely.  How long that will last for I do not know.  However I have found a spray bottle so will probably make some of the room freshener up as well.

The link is here: Room Freshener

And there is also an alternative fabric conditioner mixture below it which I have not tried but may well do so in future. My interest has piqued a little with alternative ways of cleaning after seeing a book on Sue's blog A Cottage at the end of the Lane  i.e. Forgotten Ways for Modern Days. by Rachelle Blondell.  


The link to the particular article of Sue's highlighting the book is here: 


Thank you Sue.  I am really chuffed with this book and there is lots to try in there so I am going to incorporate some of this into my daily life and household routine.  I am rather taken with this.

On some washes of late and in particular whites I have instead of bought fabric conditioner I have been using clear vinegar and the clothes are coming out soft but also there are no soap powder streaks.  I still use the powder as I am not keen on the gels and since having the new machine my soap powder usage has been cut down as the soap holder is now tiny to what it was before.  However it is much better for the environment.

Right coffee break over.  Now time to attack another part of the kitchen.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I haven't used fabric conditioner for about 35 years now (hate the smell of it if I am honest). We also use the bare minimum of washing powder (about 1/4 of what it tells you to use!) I hope you can find some nice alternatives. I used one with Borax and Soap Flakes and Washing Soda. That was pretty efficient but OH wasn't impressed . . .

    I hope you are feeling better soon. Reach for that Elderberry Rob . . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts