Meet up with some of my girlies

I met up with some of my girlie friends for lunch today and really enjoyed it.  One of them was a surprise I had last seen her last year at work but she has had a major operation since then and it was good to see her she did look well.  So did the other two.  The four of us when we are together can gas for England and more.  Trouble is we only have a short time over the lunch period so we make the most of it.  Good friends they are too.

We went to the Beehive Pub and I had their chilli prawn take away (prawns in batter with a super chilli dip) and some sweet potato fries, another mate had arancini and sweet potato fries, and the other fish and chips. The surprise friend did not come to eat just to join in.  Food is always very good here.

After leaving them I ended up going into town. I needed a couple of small presents but unable to find anything suitable.  Am in town again tomorrow to meet another friend and so will have another look in a different part of the town.

I nipped into John Lewis and had a look on all three floors.  I love the kitchen equipment department and I found several small bits and bobs which took my fancy.  Will have to wait to get those though.  

I also had a look at the china and home living floor and found several more bits.  They have started putting all the Christmas stuff out on display. Looked very nice.  I had already started buying a few bits the other week of a Christmas nature.  I had bought two brass mirrored round drinks trays which were on offer. I have had my eye on them for the past couple of years and they were selling them off and have not repeated the design so they were worth getting.  I did find a very nice silver effect stags head with a small punch bowl in it.  Not sure if was silver but cost £79 very small but very nice (no I did not buy it).  Am looking but did not buy.

When I went downstairs to the kitchen department I found that the Christmas section was nearly finalised. I had not expected it yet but its about bang on time for them although they had not quite finished it.  Some lovely bits again though. Some nice Christmas baubles and garlands and stockings....

When I nipped into Waitrose they did not have any Christmassy bits up yet.  I always have a look in there as they have some lovely decorations as a rule and as I have Ivy garlands up and the like I like to try and find natural decorations that I can hang from the ivy, little wreaths, etc.  and lots of nice bits for the garden as well.

Right I had better go and get the stew on as OH will be home soon so it needs to be hot when he gets in from walking the dog.

Right am off to get on.

Catch you later on.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts