Simple food

Well its been a busy old day lots of washing of stuff (I mean I have been washing everything) and drying up with an old fashioned tea towel.  The majority of the ones used in the last couple of days are now on a boil wash in the washing machine then when they are dry it will be off we go again.

The cupboard will be done tomorrow along with the sink, the washing machine fixtures and OH will clean the cooker for me (I can do this but he will take it all to pieces and make sure that the glass is clean which I do not always get the time for) so this has really become one of his jobs.  It hurts my hands.

I have stopped for tea and a much needed sit down as my back is complaining a little.  Simple fare for this evening.  Being as I had scrubbed out the chip fryer I have this evening filled it with oil and put it back into service again and we have had home made chips, with a couple of fried eggs each and some baked beans with the obligatory bread and butter.  It has gone down very nicely.  Neither of us is particularly fussed with chip shop chips but we are rather partial to home cooked.  I do monitor how often we have them though

I still have some more clearing to do and then will be able to wash the floor and get that nice and clean again.  Once it is all nice and clean then the decorating can begin.  Not until.  Then I shall enjoy cooking in there again.  Will probably get the gingham, curtain skirts done at the beginning of next week along with the door curtain when OH is at work so that I can concentrate.

Saturday if the weather is fine we are going to sort the shed out and the freezers so that I can find stuff in there and check out what wine I have in the fridges.  All this cleaning will hold me in good stead for Christmas although another deep clean will probably need doing again before then.

Now that the worktop is sorted out I may well be able to get on and make a cake or two or some buns which is also something I have not made for a while now.  I do fancy a home made rice pudding though. I made some Strawberry and Rhubarb jam which is one of my favourites and I think this will be ideal with a rice pudding so that is on my list of things to do.  Might get it tomorrow might get it over the weekend but it is definitely speaking to me.

Right the kitchen calls.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Oooh, rice pudding with rhubarb and strawberry jam, yummy. I made rice pudding in the slow cooker and had it with blackberry and apple jelly, no pips to irritate. I do have the rhubarb and strawberry from last year so next time....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts