Sunday evening catch up

Very cold day here in Peterborough although the sun did come out to play for a short while.  It has got colder this evening.

After making the French Onion Soup and also Toad in the Hole served with shredded cabbage and mashed potato and onion gravy for tea tonight (which was very tasty) I did a spot of meal planning for the week or at least an outline.

There is still some French Onion soup left so I shall have that for midday lunch whilst OH is at work. It is quick, easy and tasty and means that I can get lunch quickly.  I have a lot to do tomorrow in any event and I am not meeting anyone for lunch.

I have made another stew but that will be eaten on Tuesday night.  Tomorrow evening we have sausages with tomatoes which is equally another quick tea but tasty.  As I say Tuesday is stew night.  I have plenty of veggies to use up so some of those may go into more soup in any event or into a veggie stock for use in the soups.  Shall see how things progress.  Might also do a Chinese style meal later on in the week with some chicken or make a chicken pie or yet another stew.  Make things go as far as I can and make sure that we both have plenty to eat.  If I get a chance might do a little baking as well.  Might make an apple sponge, rice pudding or even a steamed treacle pudding.  Might also put the slow cooker on for porridge in the morning.  It always makes a good start to the day and if served with mixed fruit as well will liven it up a little bit.  Breakfast is the most important meal of the day it is the meal that perks your system up after sleeping.

Right I have the cats to feed and if I leave it to much longer I believed that there will be cat warfare.  They are all slightly vocal and know how to annoy at the best of times.  So for the sake of peace and quiet.

Will catch you sometime tomorrow.

Pattypan 

x

Comments

Popular Posts