Christmas cards and Stamps


Just a few of the cards I have for sending this year - not all of them but some.  I had hoped to make them but that will happen next year now.




This is another little job that I have to do.  Write all the Christmas cards and get them sent out early.  I have all the stamps as I bought a couple of books earlier on in the year.  Now to get them out to their recipients.  It will be a useful job well done, especially for the older members of my family who do not use the internet or do not have such equipment.  It is always nice to receive a message from a family loved one.  Makes you feel wanted and as we get older that means more than most other things.

I actually think the custom of sending through the post cards and letters utterly charming.  It has been mostly overtaken by the Internet but it is not quite the same somehow as sending cards and letters through the pillar box and receiving cards through the letter box.  I actually prefer writing with a proper ink pen by preference.  I was a runner up in  a small writing competition over 20 years ago and I received a beautiful ink pen for my efforts which is my main pen.  I also have my Dad's ink pen which I learned to write with.


 I shall probably prepare all mine over the weekend and then get them sent off early next week.  That will be another job off the To do list.  Although there are still many more where that came from.

I also need to prepare the address labels on the computer.   I handwrite the cards but preprint the labels.  I buy packs of labels (to go through the computer) from Wilkos for this purpose.

So this will be another couple of things off the long Christmas list. How are you getting on with your cards.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x




Comments

  1. Weeeeeeeeel, I have at least BOUGHT some now (normally I am organized, but not this year). I need to sit down and pen the Overseas ones before Monday, that's for sure.

    Not feeling 100% is slowing me down though. I like your choice of cards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts