My own little world

With not working at the moment  I am getting more and more immured in my own little world, to the extent that I have forgotten one or two appointments.  I know the non-working position will have to change soon due to financial constraints but I have enjoyed not being at work and simply just being in the moment even if this has not really produced the results I had hoped for but that is down to tiredness and lack of energy more than anything else.  However I am also worried that I may not be able to work like I used to due to changes within me more than anything else.

I believe this decluttering is going to be cathartic and productive for me in many respects more chiefly in that a lot of UFOs are going to be finished as well as resulting in a tidier house.  Not at the moment but in the not too distant future. It is a necessary evil that in dragging out containers and boxes I am making a bit more mess until those boxes are emptied and re-arranged.  I need to sort out a permanent position though where I can sit and sew or crochet etc. each day that is tidy and so that I can concentrate on what I am actually working on.


My priorities seem to have changed quite a bit since being home and I need the house right before I can start working from home.  That is still my overall aim although one has to be realistic. I think I am more content in my choices as a result of not working although lack of finances is causing its own headaches but we will work through this a little at a time.  I know I have enjoyed having the time to write a few more posts.  In reality my medical conditions are a little bit volatile at the moment.  I am having trouble with my hips and in particular with stairs.  However I have a hospital appointment for a review this week and so I am hoping to get this reviewed then. I have had degeneration in my hips for about 8 years or so it is just the degree of movement that is changing although I am still able to walk a fair bit not as much as I used to but still I am able to get around.


This morning I have found more fabric and I have added photos of some of the fabric to the post "Voyage of Discovery".  I have also found my hexie bits and intend from now to do a little stitching from hereon in.  The heirloom type quilt is one I started last year, having promised myself one for absolutely ages.  However that is as far as it got. I started it and that was it.  I thought that if I did a little stitching each day it would grow quicker and mean that it would evolve (as most of my work does).  I appreciate that it is going to take me a long time to complete.  However I want to have something so beautiful to have in my bedroom.  I love comfort, warmth, prettiness makes you feel snug and secure.






The above photos show some of the cut out hexies against the background of the Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady fabric.  As I am stitching the hexies I am using a central hexie and then surrounding with 6 hexies in pattern and working a "flower" at a time before eventually joining them up with plain either pink, cream or green the central colours of all the fabrics although I think the overall backing colour will be cream as it shows off colour to full advantage.

Right hopefully will be back later.  Its been a cold wet damp day here.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x





Comments

  1. love the colors of the quilt.
    It will be lovely!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, tried to keep it simple but these are predominantly the colours of my bedroom. xx

      Delete
  2. Keep up the good work. These sew up quickly and are something you can work on whilst the tv is on in the background. Lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, that's what I thought if I did a little at a time. I found my quilting thimble which is something. I am looking forward to getting stuck into this. Hope you are okay xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts