Pick Yourself Up, Dust Yourseslf Down and Start All Over Again





It has been one of those days where I have not got anything done and I am getting very cross with myself as life seems to be passing me by. I have so many things that I would like to do but feel as though I am being constantly held back through one thing or another.  I know I have a lot of skills but how to use them for the best seems to be defeating/ sidestepping me at the moment.  To compound things, I have no energy at all which is not helping.  I set too get stuck in and the next day I am in a heap not able to do anything and I need to do so much.  It is making me feel very unworthy and less of a person.  Worst of all I am freezing and procrastinating when it comes to doing something for myself and possibly building something for myself for the future.  Fear of the unknown I think as I tend to be a creature of habit and like to feel the rug firmly under my feet - so anything new kind of freaks me out a bit.  Here's hoping that tomorrow will be a better day all round and that I get to do at least some of the things I had planned for today.

It has been a cold day here and I have felt chilled to the bone despite having had the heating on.  I am just going to have to hum the above song to myself in the morning and try and get back on track if things are not back on track.  Hopefully they will be.

Because of the cold I have also had a lot of pain which I suspect is part of the underlying reason for today's reaction.  I have the hospital on Friday with the Rheumatism Consultant or his appointed person.  I think that they will be pleased that I have lost some weight but I do not think that they will be too happy that the Rheumatism is progressing more.  Well its in the family there is not a lot that I can do about that.

I am off to snuggle down under a nice thick quilt and rest up a little bit I think the early night might do me some good.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Sorry to near you are not great. I find the darker nights sap my energy and make me so disinterested in life. I have a load of stuff to do befor the christmas fair next Thursday and I keep distracting myself with trivial things that don’t really need done. Hioe the consultant can suggest something that may help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catriona. Thank you for your kind words, just hit a bigger than usual hiccup. I think the weather does play a part in things - usually when it is cold I get a lot of pain and I have exercises I do to try and alleviate this. Sometimes though it just gets a little too much. I hope you manage to get all your bits done for your fair and that you do well from it. Consultant was brilliant as usual. He is very supportive of those who try and help themselves and he knows I am cussed and do not give in very easily. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear you are in a bit of a low spot at the moment. Be kind to yourself, it will pass.
    The onset of the winter is hard, the coldness and dark nights.
    I think you are doing really well, always busy and planning ahead.
    Thinking of you.
    Pam in Texas.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, thank you for your kind words. The real cold often triggers pain episodes which do not settle for a day or two and trying to juggle everything else at times ends up with me figuratively crashing the balls to the ground! Just a bad patch but thank you for your kind words and support. Tricia xx

      Delete
  3. I hope that you will feel more like your old self soon.
    Take it easy for now and just do what you can, I am sure all your plans will come together in the new year.
    I do empathise with you as I am only 10 days from moving across to the other side of the country, I feel stress levels are high and lists too long. As my hubby passed away two years ago I am doing this on my own, but I say to myself what gets done gets done.😀😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, thank you for your kind words. I am pleased to say I feel much better now than what I did. I just get a little frustrated working towards something and it just not happening. More patience is required I think. You are a brave lady moving everything from one side of the country to the other. I am sorry about your hubby but hope the move goes well for you for the next page and chapter of your life. Safe journey and once again thank you for your kind words. Tricia xx

      Delete
  4. Patty
    I've read your posts since about 2011 - you were like me a working woman, outside the home, a working woman with lots of interests out side of work - I was lucky enough to be able to take early retirement in 2014 with a small pension - it took me about 9 months to realise that the one thing I had got now was plenty of time. I didn't need to go at everything at 100 miles an hour like I had to when I was working (I was still doing that) - the other thing is (and please don't take this the wrong way) we're all getting older, it takes us longer to do things although our brains tell we should be able to do or learn something in half the time it actually take us nowadays so none of us are as quick as what we used to be - step back a little, give yourself plenty of time to do what you need to do and be kind to yourself and also for a little while only do what you absolutely need to and finish the task completely - you'll take the stress of yourself and will feel so much better when you've fully finished a job to your high satisfaction but above all else be kinder to yourself - take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudie, no offence taken. Initially I found not working difficult and was missing it but now I have sort of gone the other way. I am quite enjoying being at home. I think it suits me better. I am a lot slower but what frustrates me to high heaven is when I am having an fatigue episode and I hardly get anything done. That in turn gets me down further as it feels as though I am just eating and sleeping and not getting time to play. You are right though I do need to cut myself a bit of slack and pace myself more. I hope you are keeping well and enjoying retirement. Thank you for your wise and useful advice as usual. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts