Skeleton Leaves

I have long been a fan of skeleton leaves as they are very useful when it comes to packaging presents for gifts either on a wrapped parcel or a gift bag.  I think they just lift the game a bit on the decoration either just as plain skeleton leaves or died or with glitter decoration on them.  As I was due to go on a foraging trip for some wild fruits to turn into preserves as well as gather twigs for Christmas decorations I decided it would be an opportune time to gather some Laurel leaves that grow near to the foraging area I go to.  I may also at a later date acquire some for some fresh Christmas decorations as well.  But first things first, I need these leaves for skeletonising.  however the leaves can be turned into ear rings, garlands, present packaging, used to enhance a dried flower arrangement and whatever useful purpose you can find for them.

So before I left for my foraging trip, I researched how to make your own skeleton leaves from several sources but the most comprehensive and most useful for me was the one on Wiki How.  The link is here for those of you that would like to have a go at making your own in any event.


I have chosen to use the biological soap powder method to start with.

And will post the results later on (if am happy with them).

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

Popular Posts