Tea was Tasty

Very tasty.  It has gone down well.  I served with plenty of buttery mashed potatoes prepared with the potato ricer a little milk and some butter, carrot and swede crush, steamed cauliflower and the gravy was made with the meat juices.  It was full of flavour and just what was needed as it is a bitterly cold night here in Peterborough.  It is surprising just what a little bit of garlic can do to accentuate the flavour of something good into something wonderful.

The gravy has been saved and will be used to make a Shepherds pie tomorrow night with the meat off the leg joint cut into little slivers and with the addition of some mint jelly to the gravy, mashed potato will also be served with carrot crush and shredded cabbage.  That is for tomorrow night's tea.  If I can get some eggs tomorrow I also hope to make an egg custard tart for pudding or a bread and butter pudding.  

This evening I have been watching return to the Chateau on Channel 4 which I quite like and then have watched Return to Oak Island.  It is now time for me to potter to get things ready for tomorrow. I have salad cream and tuna in the pantry my task is now to locate them so that OH can have his sarnies for work tomorrow.

Whilst sat I have done a little more work to my hot water bottle covers. I am aiming to get these finished this week so that they are off the UFO list and can be put into service keeping my tootsies warm in this colder weather we are experiencing at the moment.  I can then move on to another UFO that needs completing.

I have taken my friend Bovey Belle's idea to find myself a large box and then add all the UFOs to it, and keep it out near me so that I will be reminded to pick them up and get on with them.  Very good idea BB. 

I have however decided to split them into two boxes.  One a box that requires extra supplies to continue with and the other ones that are complete and can just be worked.  In the past I have bought in part finished kits which did not have any wool or embroidery threads to complete them.  Some of these are rather lovely but I want to get the easier ones out of the way first before I then start working through these.

Right off to locate my Tuna and salad cream.  

Catch you all sometime tomorrow.

Bye for now.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Well Tricia, I know what I'm like!! Sometimes I have to keep being reminded of the UFO's as if they get in the spare room, they can disappear for years!! Sounds like you had a lovely meal last night and are all set for tonight's too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts