The Calm after the Storm

Peace and sanity has been restored here.  I am pretty certain that most of it is to do with his work.  I apologise if I come over as a little hard-hearted but I have found over the past ten years or so that if I am all nice and sympathetic he is ten times worse.  So a little tough love i.e. being firm and not putting up with any argie-bargey is employed and so far this seems to have stood me in good stance with him.

As he did not eat his tea last night I have cooked tonight.  We have had a steak pie with steamed potatoes, mixed cauli, broccoli, carrot and peas and then some shredded cabbage with lots of gravy.  He complained that he did not want anything to eat as he was not hungry.  (see what I mean about cannot do the right thing and walking on eggshells) and he has eaten more than what he thought he would. It is a good job that I am a pretty placid person unless I lose my temper. I had already told him that he was eating it as it was already cooked which it was.  

He has turned round and thanked me for going to the trouble of.  I needed something as well.  I am also a big believer that comfort style food does a lot more good for the system rather than just feed you.  He is nodding so that will not do him any harm. He may be working overtime tomorrow and then again he maybe not so I shall see when I get up.

However I would like to thank you for your support those comments printed and private ones.  It is very much appreciated.

Tomorrow is another day as they say.  Whether he works or not is another matter but we are set to go out for a meal with some friends tomorrow evening so hopefully that will do him good as well.

Take care and catch you all later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts