Walk by the river

Where we walk Missy runs adjacent to the river although the part that we walk her in is mostly the fields to the side.  

Here are some pictures of this evening's walk.  This post is a little photo heavy. It was foggy here first thing and it looks as though we could well have a little mist again this evening.

As I am writing this the first of the fireworks are going off.  Thank goodness my fur babies are all in the house.

Starting to walk through the fields where we mostly run Missy of a night.



It is mostly left to nature to do her own thing.














The reflection of the setting sun in the river.




Statuesque trees standing proud in their element.








On closer inspection there is a swan with her cygnet on the river.  She only had the one this year.








Starting to walk back home.  We are close to the City Centre you can see the outline of Peterborough Cathedral on the skyline.  A beautiful Cathedral it is too.  In its hey day it was also a Monastery and there is lots of history under the streets.  Just in front of the Cathedral is the shopping centre.  So where we walk is very close to the City Centre.



OH is working overtime again this evening.  That is why I have walked Missy.  I have some reports to write so I may not be back on to my blog until much later.  I also have more work to do for the Ebay thing as well. Quite a lot of work and ideally I had wanted to get it done tonight but I do not think that is going to happen and it may well be tomorrow before it gets finalised.

It would be unfair to finish without showing you any photographs of Missy, all decked out inn her coat and smart collar and lead.  I shall leave you with some shots that she begrudgingly let me take.






I hope you all have a super evening - just in case I do not get back in time.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Oh, Missy is so utterly adorable <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is our baby. Never quite known a dog like her. She was bought as a companion for OH when he went fishing and I did not get involved for the first six months training etc as she was his dog. However Missy had other ideas in mind. For a dog she is very vocal. If she does not see you for a little while she comes pottering through the house to you. You have to make a fuss of her and quite frequently she will sit down and spend time with you. When she has had enough she then goes looking for the other one and does the same. She is happiest when we are both in the room together and she gets undivided attention. However when it comes to playing, its me she heads for. I am the one that shoves the sweeping brush at her and plays with her driving her cranky. So much so if OH uses a brush (which is rare) she starts barking and attacking it! Equally when it comes to rough and tumble time its me. I seem to have a peculiar hold over her. There are certain things that she likes done for her but not by anyone. No with Missy its specific jobs mum does - will not accept it from Dad at all! She is always so happy and "smiles" if you know what I mean. Does not get that grumpy with me but does with OH. If he wakes her whilst she is flat out or moves his feet near her there is rather a deep guttural long growl. She cannot bear them! She has just turned nine years old and still chases around like a loon. Take care Tricia x

      Delete
  2. I haven’t commented before but I always enjoy your postings. I confess to being a bit awestruck at all you achieve. Once I was the same, but time and circumstances change things - I do look forward to what you write though. Another sunny start here in London but the weather seems to dull down as day progresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Blossom, lovely to hear from you and welcome. Thank you for your kind words. Sometimes though I feel as though I do not achieve anything that is when I lose the plot. Time and circumstances do change things - I am ham strung with several medical conditions which get in the way but I will not be defined by them. Life is for living and I hate to be bored (not that I really get time). so far this morning it has been grey and overcast - not overly chilly whether we will get any sun later remains to be seen. Take care and it is lovely to hear from you Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts