Well tea turned out nice

Unusually not being in the mood to really cook this evening I opted for the easy option.  I had planned on spag bol but in the end we had ragu and fiorelli pasta with loads of grated cheese on.  It was very tasty.  I made the sauce from a tine of chopped tomatoes, some passata I had left over from another project, seasonings and flavourings, onion, garlic, a little red wine and mince.  It has turned out quite tasty not over-strong but tasty and when sprinkled liberally with plenty of cheddar cheese this has really made the sauce pop.  We have both finished off a large soup bowl each and Missy has had a little of the sauce and it has definitely filled a hole and warmed us up which I am particularly pleased about as it is bitter out.

I have had a quiet relatively self-indulgent day and I am pleased as it has given me a little room for myself which I do not get that often.  It has definitely been a duvet type of day and indeed I have been snuggled up under one watching TV (another self-indulgence) -  Christmas movies.

I actually enjoyed playing with the needle the other day and intend to bring more of that kind of play into each day if I can.

I also want to get a serious piece of embroidery into a frame I have.  It is a vintage panel I have had for a little while but is very different.  It came from the States and was an ebay purchase but I am very fond of it.  It will take a little time to string.  I have the proper backing boards (a stack of them) in the house I believe in  the back bedroom but I have yet to locate it.  It is a fiddly job but it is well worth taking your time with as it all goes to show the piece of to best effect.  I will add a photo of the panel in later and then of the finished work once completed.  So I am starting to line up my projects to work through.

Tomorrow though I do have a busy day quite a lot of cleaning to achieve.  Fingers crossed it will get done.

Right am off to potter.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

Popular Posts