What a strong learning curve!

I have been beavering away trying to create a Listing on Ebay trying to take in all the advice and instructions that are recommended.  I am having to stop and have a rest at the moment and have a cup of coffee. On one advert I am into the fifth draft, and have spent about an hour and a half thus far.  No doubt once I have my head around the basics it will make it easier to do each time thereafter. It is a learning curve big style as I have never done anything like this before.  The little grey cells they are being tested! (rather than rattling around all over the shop as they normally do).

I have created the listing, which I am a bit happier about now and have managed to add in some photos as well.  Now to sort out the size of the package, the weight and also the postage rates/Courier rates etc. and get my head around them.

I think doing it a bit at a time and piecemeal might make the process "go in! a bit more with me in the longer term, but I had not appreciated how time consuming this would be to start with.  I am not computer illiterate, but because of the work required of me where I was there are some areas of computers and software that I have never touched or experienced as it was not required for what I actually did. So as I say very much a learning curve.

As I have to downsize the contents of the house just a little bit, I am starting with a box of felt kits for Christmas stockings and other Christmas decorations that I have had for quite sometime.  I have picked out the ones that I do not think I will get to, which includes, Christmas tree skirts, bottle toppers, a Garland and Christmas stockings.  I am quite sad about this, but I do have to be firm with myself and also realistic.  However  I have kept back the ones that are my favourites and which at the moment I will work.

We shall see how it goes   I shall confer with OH when he comes home this evening to see what he thinks and then if he thinks its okay will press the button and take it from there.  Fingers crossed and toes plaited.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I forgot to mention that whilst many people start at 99p, you could end up with just 99p! I normally put a starting price of the least I would be prepared to take for it. (Don't get involved in reserves unless you are selling something worth a lot of money).

    Yes, it IS a steep learning curve, but get's easier as you go on. I tend to spend ages on the first and then you can use elements of the advert for the net one (I think it comes up with are you selling something similar and then copies your original advert for you to change elements). Ages since I've done any though, so not fresh in my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts