Yesterday on my wander - Part One

I spotted several things that I liked and took photos in  no particular order.  Most are Christmas orientated where I just liked things but took a photo to remind me of what they were like and some are for me to play with when I get crafting on the machine.


The first few photos were taken in TK Max.


I like this Robin applique cushion.


This greeting cushion.


 Christmas throws and blankets you can never have too many of these.  The Reindeer one below is knitted and is superb.


One of the patterns I love in the Christmas china.  This is called Twas the Night Before Christmas by Johnson Brothers.



The photo on this one was for the garland but there are also some nice bits in the background.  It consists of various pieces including a solid wood Christmas tree which is somehow threaded into the garland.


The Christmas Sleigh.  There has to be a Christmas Sleigh or two.


I collect Musical wind up figurines.  This one plays I wish you a Merry Christmas and is very different to the others I have which for the best part are the Nutcracker Soldiers all with a different uniform and different music box. This one is also a form of automaton where the figurine moves. I initially many years ago  bought a load from the Works over 20 years ago.  They were £5 apiece at the time but today's prices are anywhere from £15 upwards.


I have several of the M & S Stags for the main table and have also added a couple of other things to my small collection.. I quite liked this Stag dish and the ornament to the side.


I also liked the shape and form of these wreaths.






The following decorations were ones that I have seen in John Lewis.  Expensive but I like the composition of the pieces and often seeing stuff can be an inspiration to make and work something for yourself.

I particularly like this chicken.


These garlands are particularly lovely.  I have some plain garlands I might source some nice silk roses for next year and other bits and bobs and make some up of my own.




This is a modern reproduction of pure nostalgic pieces.  Paper/card creations but very expensive.



And these spiced orange garlands and pot-pourri are something I have promised to make myself for next year.  They smell wonderful.  You can see the price tags.


And from Waitrose some of the lovely decorations that they have.  They have also had some of the plump Robins again but things seem to be going quickly.

I particularly like this vintage style lantern but there are also fir cone decorations, large glittery baubles in red, silver and snow which can be attached to indoor or outdoor garlands.


I liked this star garland on the left but I think that this is something I can make for myself from some of the twigs and decorations I already have in the house. I also have a large star wooden blank that I  bought in Hobbeycraft.  I like the simplicity of the one on the right so may well reproduce this.



Another beautiful natural effect garland.



So some lovely things too many of them for this post and some of them not "ornaments" at all but something from the heart.

Continued in Part 2

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts