Yesterday on my Wander - Part Two

My first post dealt purely with different types of ornamentation and inspiration for me to make some things of my own either for this season or next year.  More like a "mood board".  This second post shows some of the outside Christmas decorations in Peterborough this year.  To me the most poignant is this one and I think it carries a message for us all from the past, into our present and into the future. Indeed I am not really sure it is part of the decorations but part of a stall set up outside of The Guildhall yesterday.  


This is part of the central old market square.  In the summer this is full of fountains but they are switched off at this time of the year.




The Christmas tree, which has been the same one for goodness how many years.  I much preferred it when it was a proper large Christmas tree.  I have memories of this and of a Chestnut Seller and also the Sally Army Band playing every year outside of the Town Hall.  Happy memories from when I was about eight or nine.  This tree is like a Meccano one but has no soul. Looks effective at night but no soul.


The archway that leads into the Cathedral grounds which is just off the market square.  You can see the spires of the Cathedral in the background.


Looking down Bridge Street and some of the minimal Christmas decorations.


The main view from the Market Square the Guildhall all lit up but see what it is lit up with.







I think this message carries through the true spirit of Christmas especially in this centenary year of the First World War and is something hopefully that we can all subscribe to.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan


P.S. Ohhps forgot to put the lighted up Christmas stag on.



Comments

  1. Lovely photos. I don't go into Carmarthen after dark so don't know what ours look like! Peterborough looks a nice town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your town is beautiful! Love the history you have there, thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts