Coming too


Its a cold grey morning here in Peterborough and from relative silence the house slowly wakes up to another day.  OH is working overtime and on his way to walk Missy (also sometimes known as Moo) he lets me know he is departing the house.  I am still mummified in the bed clothes.  After he leaves I slowly come too.  Missy is dropped off from her excursion and OH goes on to work.  It is then that I get out of bed.  Brggh it really is very cold this morning and I go in search of the Fat Controller to turn on the central heating.  The lights go on there are various grumbling noises from the boiler (it makes a racket when it starts off  - have had the manufacturers out they say it is safe and it is something that it does.  More often than not it sounds like a wailing Banshee as it kickstarts into life and slowly I can feel the heat coming from the radiators.  Bliss.  Missy buries herself under the throws on the computer room couch and all you can see is a little black nose.  She likes to be warm. So starts another day here.  The cats will be glad that the heat is on again they also like to be warm and if I had a real fire or two I suspect that they would be gathered round the hearth.  We are all creatures of habit.

On goes another button.  This time on the computer.  That also slowly fires up I check my mail, and various other accounts.  Everything appears to be in order.  Now I and Missy can progress to the first hot drink of the day a nice hot cup of tea for me and a warm one for her. This is our morning routine day in day out.  Often followed by a shake of the cereal packet and cold milk or porridge and a little sugar if I feel the need.  Cereal will do this morning.  Then to contemplate the jobs for the day.  Back in the bedroom for me for yet another session and get rid of more stuff and rubbish.  We have a visit planned to the tip tomorrow so this evening it will be sort the fridges out in readiness for the Christmas food shopping and to get it all nice and clean again but that is for later on.  Bedroom first.  Then probably an excursion to the Charity shop to pass on some more things and I need a couple of things from the veg shop so will probably call in there on my way back.

Right I had better get a wriggle on or I will lose the day.

Catch you all shortly.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts